Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
Do you mean to tell me the air temp can get below 10 deg, I thought you had to be in a freezer for that to happen. Also how do you get the sand in your bucket to be so white mine is always a bit brown you must have great beaches there sarc! I will be fine with 15w40 I may see 2 days a year below 30 deg
Lol. I started my 5155 this past winter after it sat outside overnight at -15. It started fine but made lots of unhappy noises for a while and the loader wouldn’t move for several minutes. That’s why I’m this neck of the woods, I end up just changing everything out to synthetic. The tractor is much happier come winter.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #242  
Just got my new Mahindra 5155 4WD!! Two quick questions... My 5155 idles at 10K rpm, is that normal?
I will use this tractor for snow removal and tree work in the woods. The tractor came with R-4 tires, does anyone else have R-4 tires on the 5100 series?
Thanks in advance, this forums has been a great help in my new tractor search!

Attachments

• My 5155 4WD.jpg
    My 5155 4WD.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 61
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
Just got my new Mahindra 5155 4WD!! Two quick questions... My 5155 idles at 10K rpm, is that normal?
I will use this tractor for snow removal and tree work in the woods. The tractor came with R-4 tires, does anyone else have R-4 tires on the 5100 series?
Congratulations on the new tractor! I am assuming you’re idling at 1,000 RPM? And yes that’s normal. I also have R4 tires on mine. They do well for me and I did plow snow last winter and didn’t have any issues at all. And yes they will also be good in the woods. They’re more puncture resistant than R1’s and have a higher load rating which is good for loader work too. Let us know how you like it. Be safe.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #244  

Nice tractor! Yup, mine idles at 1,000 rpm as well. I use mine for tree work in the woods and have been very impressed with the R4 tires. My previously owned Mahindra 4540 had R1's. They got excellent traction in the woods, but they also churned the ground up and left ruts everywhere I went. Also, their load rating was not very good. My loaded wood box on the 3 pt. would cause the sidewalls to bow, allowing the tractor to sway side to side. Not very fun while working on a slope.

My 5155 has R4 tires and I really like them compared to the R1's. I've noticed no loss of traction in the woods compared to the R1's. Instead of churning up the ground and leaving ruts, they compact the soil and make sturdier tote roads. I really like that about them. They also carry my wood box without bowing whatsoever, since their load rating is much higher than the R1's. As Andy stated, they're more puncture resistant, too.

Also, my rear tires are loaded with RimGuard (beet juice).

Attachments

• 20220530_111215.jpg
    20220530_111215.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #245  
On a different subject for new 5100 series tractors, my dealer strongly recommended checking lug bolts after 8-10 hours. Be sure they are still tight even if you can't use a torque wrench at the recommended level... Fr 118-125 lb-ft; Rear 185-214 lb-ft. (what happened to ft-lbs) He says that if any become loose and shear off, big problem and big expense. The manual says to check them at 50 hrs but best much earlier.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #246  
nice looking tractor kind of reminds me of mine lol.
the 5100 can come with R1s or R4s the R4s IMO are better at everything except in really wet mud with no bottom. I'm running R4s also but have seen R1s on a 5155, R4s look better IMO. and yes 1000 RPM (I assume that you meant 1K because 10K would cause RUDP in the engine) is factory idle. IMO it is better not to let it idle a lot during breakin, I try to vary the RPMs constantly during breakin or in my case breakage lol.

BTW do i get a prize for being the first one to break my tractor?

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #247  
nice looking tractor kind of reminds me of mine lol.
the 5100 can come with R1s or R4s the R4s IMO are better at everything except in really wet mud with no bottom. I'm running R4s also but have seen R1s on a 5155, R4s look better IMO. and yes 1000 RPM (I assume that you meant 1K because 10K would cause RUDP in the engine) is factory idle. IMO it is better not to let it idle a lot during breakin, I try to vary the RPMs constantly during breakin or in my case breakage lol.

BTW do i get a prize for being the first one to break my tractor?

You do! Funny, just last night I was telling my wife about the 5155 thread and how we had anxiously awaited to hear the results of your breakage. I know I was relieved to hear the outcome, although it does suck that you have to deal with it.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #248  
Congratulations on the new tractor! I am assuming you’re idling at 1,000 RPM? And yes that’s normal. I also have R4 tires on mine. They do well for me and I did plow snow last winter and didn’t have any issues at all. And yes they will also be good in the woods. They’re more puncture resistant than R1’s and have a higher load rating which is good for loader work too. Let us know how you like it. Be safe.
Thanks Andy! Haha yes I did mean 1,000 RPM. I will get chains for the tires before winter. I did get the tires loaded, I believe 650 LBs per rear tire. I love this tractor, it's just solid and everything seems thought out and well protected!
My next search will be for a printed service manual!

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #249  
Nice tractor! Yup, mine idles at 1,000 rpm as well. I use mine for tree work in the woods and have been very impressed with the R4 tires. My previously owned Mahindra 4540 had R1's. They got excellent traction in the woods, but they also churned the ground up and left ruts everywhere I went. Also, their load rating was not very good. My loaded wood box on the 3 pt. would cause the sidewalls to bow, allowing the tractor to sway side to side. Not very fun while working on a slope.

My 5155 has R4 tires and I really like them compared to the R1's. I've noticed no loss of traction in the woods compared to the R1's. Instead of churning up the ground and leaving ruts, they compact the soil and make sturdier tote roads. I really like that about them. They also carry my wood box without bowing whatsoever, since their load rating is much higher than the R1's. As Andy stated, they're more puncture resistant, too.

Also, my rear tires are loaded with RimGuard (beet juice).
Thanks Woodstock Walt! I'm feeling much better about my R4's now and my rear tires are also loaded with RimGuard (beet juice). Love this tractor, just looks and feels solid! I think I read that you bought your tractor in NH, have you needed any after sales service or help and if so how did it go?
I am also looking for a printed service manual if you know where to get one? I saw a link here for a download PDF version on sale $39 but following a few links it's now on sale for $50!

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #250  
You do! Funny, just last night I was telling my wife about the 5155 thread and how we had anxiously awaited to hear the results of your breakage. I know I was relieved to hear the outcome, although it does suck that you have to deal with it.
well its not like i use my tractor hard or anything lol. I was laughing with my wife that the first payment had not cleared the bank and I had broken it twice lol. I'm not in a bind needing the tractor (not that i don't wish i could do some tractoring) and the dealer is first rate he just said let me work out when i can get down there to pick it up and he showed up 2 days later on saturday. No muss no fuss, when i ask if he thought there would be a problem with warranty he said "I can't say 0% but 0%" so i do not get others talking about warranty issues with Mahindra because so far it has been a non-issue. anyway i will drop by the dealer tomorrow after work to see about parts delivery.