Mountain Needs

/ Mountain Needs #1  

appmishturb

Tractor
None
Good morning,
I live in the lower 48 on a steep 200-acre property with a 1-mile gravel drive. I'm looking for a 75-100hp tractor for steep slopes; however, it seems every tractor in my category isn't sold in North America. I am primarily managing the driveway (and mowing the sides) as well as light-duty logging.
I started with Antonio Carrero Tractors and was discouraged by the breaking-in-half story; then I found the perfect tractor (Valtra with forestry package). I slowly found out about AGCO taking every decent tractor I was interested in and discontinuing them, so now I am seemingly left with AC or nothing. I want a tractor with equal-sized wheels, but the AC support to the Americas Scares me.

I am not opposed to spending 80K on a 70hp tractor, but It needs to demonstrate its worthiness.

Thanks

/ Mountain Needs #2  
Welcome to TBN

What are the people in your region using on similar land?

Bruce

/ Mountain Needs #3  
Good morning,
I live in the lower 48 on a steep 200-acre property with a 1-mile gravel drive. I'm looking for a 75-100hp tractor for steep slopes; however, it seems every tractor in my category isn't sold in North America. I am primarily managing the driveway (and mowing the sides) as well as light-duty logging.
I started with Antonio Carrero Tractors and was discouraged by the breaking-in-half story; then I found the perfect tractor (Valtra with forestry package). I slowly found out about AGCO taking every decent tractor I was interested in and discontinuing them, so now I am seemingly left with AC or nothing. I want a tractor with equal-sized wheels, but the AC support to the Americas Scares me.

I am not opposed to spending 80K on a 70hp tractor, but It needs to demonstrate its worthiness.

Thanks

How about Aebi? The Terratracs are awesome steep ground machines.

/ Mountain Needs #4  
Welcome to TBN.
Lot of good info over the years on such topic use TBN search.