MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes

/ MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes
I do not want to go to prison. However, I do believe that anyone who purchases vehicles and equipment should be entitled to the service manuals.

The manufacturer has to have service manuals for their own service departments. So, the cost of service manuals for owners, this one is 361 pages, is comprised of only the paper, ink and distribution. For PDF downloads, those costs are zero.

If the manufacturer is worried about the competition getting hold of proprietary information, rest assured that competitors will buy the manuals. In other words, in my opinion manufacturers should provide new owners with the link to the download for service manuals and add it to the price of the new equipment as a cost of doing business. It probably is anyway.

Let me know if this works.
Mahindra CRDe Diagnostic Manual

So glad you found a way to post it to a link! Thanks for doing this. The pdf is interactive too, meaning you can click the Chapter or Section in the Table of contents and it will jump you straight to that section.

Cheers.
Haas

/ MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes #42  
Thanks for the link. Just down loaded and burned it to a CD.

/ MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes #43  
EDIT***
in reference to my tractor issue and the code P1804 I got off my Craftsman OBD2 reader which was for Rail Pressure Limiting Valve open; this code did not match the results when the dealer hooked up the Garuda software. The dealer picked up P0340 Camshaft No Signal, which did appropriate match the symptom description in the manual

Make note, my OBD2 reader said code P1804 Rail Pressure Limiting Valve Open, which did NOT appear on the Garuda factory software. So maybe generic OBD2 readers can't be trusted and you'll have to have a dealer tech plug it in for you unfortunately.

While an automotive OBDII scanner will connect, in most if not all instances you will not get the correct code. Just like with Deere machines (and others) the software on the computer is proprietary and not compatible with OBDII. This is the premise of the "Right to Repair" legislation farmers have been trying to get passed into law for years but until that happens we will be at the mercy of our dealers to check diagnostic codes.

/ MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes #44  
I do not want to go to prison. However, I do believe that anyone who purchases vehicles and equipment should be entitled to the service manuals.

The manufacturer has to have service manuals for their own service departments. So, the cost of service manuals for owners, this one is 361 pages, is comprised of only the paper, ink and distribution. For PDF downloads, those costs are zero.

If the manufacturer is worried about the competition getting hold of proprietary information, rest assured that competitors will buy the manuals. In other words, in my opinion manufacturers should provide new owners with the link to the download for service manuals and add it to the price of the new equipment as a cost of doing business. It probably is anyway.

thanks so much. I don't have a CRD mahindra, but next time im in the market for a new tractor, 99% chance it will be another mahindra.

/ MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes #45  
i get a 502 error when I go to the link for the Mahindra CRD Diagnostic Manual --is it still out there but just different link??

/ MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes #46  
   / MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes #47  
I just stumbled across this link to a 361 page pdf for the Mahindra CRD Diagnostic Manual (Arjun Novo, Mahindra sub company)
http://kisandost.com/KisanMitraWeb/MarketBulletinView?moduleType=SubjectPartFile&FileName=203

I've only quickly browsed it but this appears to the mother of all Jackpots for Mahindra Owners.

Page 68 of the PDF starts the Diagnostic Code Manual
And will list all diagnostic codes.
The PDF is interactive, so you can click a topic and it will take you to that page, you can search, etc.
It tells you how to trouble shoot the error, what the causes are, etc.

Everyone should save this to their desktop immediately to have a hard copy.
It may not be your specific tractor, but i'm sure these codes are relatively universal.

Moderator should probably make this a sticky too if that's possible here.

Seriously this is what every single person has every asked for that has come here with problems.

I simply Googled what Jabonee reported in my thread for my check engine light "P1804 RAIL PRESSURE LIMITER OPEN" and this was the 4th link down with a full successful match.

I'm in shock....
This is legitimately a factory service technician manual with every single step...

-Haas

***edit with addition:if anyone is unfamiliar; you can look up almost all of the mechanical diagrams for your Mahindra tractor & attachments on the Mahindra USA site under the Parts Catalog. Those diagrams, along with this manual should allow you to cover a large majority of what's going on in your tractor (if it's similar to the larger tractors like the one listed in this manual)
here's the link to the mahindra site parts catalog
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Get a computer error code 500 when I attempt to download the pdf

/ MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes #49  

Nah.

ME? Download a potentially copyrighted manual and risk decades in a Super-Max prison? No way!

But, my neighbor has no such compunction and he can read REALLY well. Sometimes, he even reads loud enough for me to hear. He says, "Thanks. Thanks a LOT!"

I say, it's about time someone got Mahindra Corporate's goat! They put out vague owner's manuals with conflicting information on maintenance, fluids, etc. And, at least in 2016, the people at their US corporate office in Texas seemed not to care one bit. On top of that, according to various opinions, the service manuals aren't much better. I have several Ford truck service manuals and they can be vague at times but, for the most part, are very adequate. Where's Chilton and Haynes when we really need 'em??

And, yes, I know this is a years-old thread . . . Good info is still good info. And, maybe the bump will help someone. Well, if Mad Mac's link still works, that is . . . I wouldn't know.