My work shop build in progress

/ My work shop build in progress
Basically all I needed to do was run the hone down the bore a few times to remove any residue and or debris and possibly some surface oxidation, Who knows how long it had been since the crane had been in service even hydraulic oil will eventually dry up some and leave a hard film and if it had been contaminated whatever it might have been contaminated with IE water, dirt, metal or rubber particles from the system, needed to be removed . When I disassembled the cylinder the piston seal had crumbled, A sure sign of needed attention. Running the hone then flushing with diesel and swabbing several times should have cleaned it out well enough.

Finally getting around to start plumbing an air system in the shop I will eventually be running a 1 1/4" sch 80 steel pipe system throughout with surge tanks and water traps at every drop station
Currently I just have a single air compressor connected to the initial start of the system the Compressor is a 3 cylinder single stage with a 15" dia. pulley powered by a 5 HP 1740RPM 215or 230 frame don't remember which, single phase motor with a 3.5" pulley mounted on an 80 gal tank. I just tossed the whole thing together using components I had laying around.
Right now with about 30 feet of pipe installed and a single surge/ water trap bottle installed it takes 10 minutes to go from "0" to 110PSI I still have a yet undiscovered small leak in the system it could be the quick connect at the hose end as it takes 6 hours to lose enough pressure to cycle back on @80PSI then shuts off @110 in under 2 minutes. If I shut off the main valve it takes 10 hours before it cycles in either case I can live with that.

Attachments

• IMG_20211216_173358wt.jpg
    IMG_20211216_173358wt.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 20191102_145700wer.jpg
    20191102_145700wer.jpg
    591.2 KB · Views: 108
Thanks for the inquiry, Brandi, Over all I really can't tell a lot of difference in the condition of the floor where we treated it and tat of the dirt I have built up outside, As I was concerned it is easy to gouge the surface with sharp objects. there are areas though that until ran over by a tracked vehicle and gouged are still concrete hard in appearances. Other high trafficked areas where I have drug my welding machines or other things across them have loosened up and are like walking through a sand dune. I have noticed that watering once in a while settles it back and it can become hardened again but that is true to most any sandy clay road bed.
I personally feel that we diluted the mixture too much but we followed the directions. Also when the tilled up the floor we tilled too deep in some areas, and did not saturate those areas with enough of the enzyme mixture, but even in the loose areas if you sweep away the 2 or 3 inches of dust you can not penetrate the layer below with a shovel and a pick will only chip away small bits.
I doubt if the hard areas could even be tilled up again without a machine designed for grinding up the asphalt on the highways, if I wanted to retreat the entire floor again, not that I could anyway with as much equipment and stuff as I have in there now. Or if I did want to treat the whole floor it would take days if not weeks to empty out the shop again. So I just put up with it and may dump a few 100 gallons of water on it every few months if the soft areas begin to annoy me too much

I now have a 33 ft door hung on the front of the building so I can close off all but about 15 or 16 feet the door rolls all the way to the east except for the last 4 feet of the opening so I still can have a 44ft wide opening if needed
IMG_20220515_182233d.jpg
Also 2 of my latest additions toIMG_20220513_152426jd2.jpg my tractors and equipment
IMG_20220513_152522jd1.jpg
My big forklift moving the loader that does not have an engine

Attachments

• IMG_20220507_184032bert.jpg
    IMG_20220507_184032bert.jpg
    806.2 KB · Views: 83
   / My work shop build in progress #316  
Thanks Frank. Did you ever consider stabilzed sand? I am looking at options other than concrete, until my retirement account recovers.
hugs, Brandi