Buying Advice New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions

/ New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions #61  
Our son is now looking at an L3560 ROPS model. Since there's so much talk in this thread about the cabbed model on here how does everyone feel about the power of this tractor? I've heard comments about it being underpowered. It's not likely our son will be using it for PTO work rarely if ever.

My L4060hstc is a little underpowered for my needs. I'm in Colorado & take a 15-20% HP hit due to lack of oxygen up here. It's probably equal to a L3560 down low. I do a lot of roading & mowing with it & those are HP hogs. If you are pulling impliments or using the loader, it's a good match power to traction wise.

There are 3 loaders for the Grands. The L4760 can take all 3. The L4060 can take the small & medium one. I dont remember offhand if the L3560 can take the medium or only the small one. Get the medium one if you can. On my L4060 with the medium loader, the hydraulics are the obvious weak spot. Im guessing the front axle is the non-obvious weak spot. It will max out on a big lift & feel very stable with little to no 3pt ballast. My old L3200 was limited by ballast (likely the front axle as a weak spot too). With lots of ballast way back behind the 3pt a heavy lift on the loader made that thing WAY unstable & wanting to pull the back end off the ground.

/ New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions #62  
Yeah, the loader option was the exact reason we went with the L4760 over the L4060

/ New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions #63  
Nope. Talked to a dealer about the Limited edition today. It's a completely different trans.

No antistall
No throttle link
No auto HDS
No Mid PTO
No Cruise Control

He didn't know if the loader rev up button thingy would be there, but he didn't think so. He described it as a mechanical HST, similar to what the standard L machines have. If I understood correctly you'd still have HST+ purely through the lever.

I don't know if this is a clean sheet design or Kubota finding a bunch of old parts in a warehouse somewhere, but it's very much not the same transmission as the existing model.

This is not correct. Its the same transmission. They did not remove $2500 of stuff, reality is probably that they are trying to close the gap on a cab MX or Std L that everyone has been wanting for years. This was the fastest \ easiest way to kinda get there.

/ New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions #64  
I corrected myself further down the thread.

/ New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions #65  
This is not correct. Its the same transmission. They did not remove $2500 of stuff, reality is probably that they are trying to close the gap on a cab MX or Std L that everyone has been wanting for years. This was the fastest \ easiest way to kinda get there.

Thanks for clearing this up Neil!!!

Been waiting on an expert that I trust.

/ New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions
Went to Messick’s today and had a great experience. When I arrived the tech had just finished assembling their first L3560 Limited Edition and they let me drive it around the building. It’s a beautiful machine. It was a cold windy day in PA today and the first thing I noticed was how nice it was to simply be out of the wind.

I didn’t get to figure out exactly what features it had or didn’t have. However, I made a special request for Neil to make a video about the new L3560 LE and I’ve been assured that it’s in the works, so hopefully we’ll see that soon. FWIW, Messick’s pricing was right about 10% off the prices on the Kubota website which I thought was very fair. Will definitely consider the two hour drive north from Virginia when the time comes to pull the trigger.

Also got a tour of the parts department and the shop. It’s quite an impressive facility with an entire warehouse full of parts and a shop the size of a football field. The wife said it was like Disneyland for me, haha.

IMG_1574.JPG
IMG_1575.JPG
IMG_1573.JPG

/ New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions #67  
It's that wide? I always thought the L3560 was narrower than the other models in it's family?

/ New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions
Yea, I’ve measured the widths of both the L3560 and L4060 recently, both with R4’s, and they were about the same width, about 70-71in. Top pic is L3560, second one is the L4060. I know the widths are adjustable on the Grand L’s, looks to me like most dealerships set the rear tire width to match the 72” bucket width.

IMG_1573.JPGIMG_1522.JPG

/ New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions #69  
I didn’t get to figure out exactly what features it had or didn’t have. However, I made a special request for Neil to make a video about the new L3560 LE and I’ve been assured that it’s in the works, so hopefully we’ll see that soon.

I had bumped that unit to the front of the setup queue so I could film it. It will be a few days though. I'm tied up in a meeting until the end of the week.

/ New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions #70  
I buy my parts from Messick's. Never had a bad experience. Quick shipment.