New snow

/ New snow #121  
Sure does look purty out there by you, Haydude.
Love it here. Just the right blend of rural and suburbs.
Hope it stays that way…..

/ New snow #122  
Mother nature wasn't happy with the snow arrangement. Currently in near whiteout conditions, wind gusts to 45 mph, -20c temp relates to windchill of -34. Should blow over by tonight. Much more plowing tomorrow. Travel not recommended by highway dept.
Our snow stopped. One day dump (Monday).
A few flurries since, which is about 2 inches at a time.
Holy, is it cold this week.
-20F and-34f wind chill. And I just started a new job and
most of it is outside. What a week to do that! Way too old for outdoors.

/ New snow #123  
Got about 40cm at the cottage on Monday/Tuesday. Had to walk from the road to the cottage, fun stuff. It was -32C yesterday evening when we got in. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to start the tractor, but it did after some coaxing. The engine block warmer that I started 1h30m earlier probably helped. Cleared almost everything until I broke the shear bolt because of a stupid mistake. It was -35C this morning and the tractor didn't want to start. Engine block warmer did its best but it was too cold for the battery. In early afternoon, it 'warmed up' to -20C and was able to start it up to finish the job.

/ New snow #124  
Here in SE Wi only a couple inches so far this year. Rare to get so little. I visited relatives several yrs ago, about this time of year, in Watertown NY. I was warned about the lake effect snow that they get. We ended up following two plows clearing the interstate the last 10mi. They would tag team that 10mi, two up, two down, turn around, repeat. That night every truck, tractor, and excavation eq that could be fitted with a plow was out. By morning 48" was gone and it was business as usual.
Moved here from Waukesha. Our first winter there (2000) we got 55" in December alone. Average annual there is only 42". Where I grew up the annual average was a little over 37". I was a little concerned that the 55" in one month was normal. Turns out that was most of the snow we got all winter.

/ New snow #125  
We're well over a foot behind on average snow fall right now. But with the weather finally turning cold it's a pleasure to be plowing the little we get on solidly frozen ground.

gg

/ New snow
This snow clearing is becoming a daily routine. Had a few inches overnight. If I don't get at it, bad things happen.

/ New snow #127  
Well we are get some more today 5-10cm looks like never going to stop And when it stops we cold drop to -35 at night .The snow pusher getting used a lot it the best thing i ever got love it.

/ New snow #128  
We're well over a foot behind on average snow fall right now. But with the weather finally turning cold it's a pleasure to be plowing the little we get on solidly frozen ground.

gg
Also getting around in the woods with out making deep ruts or finding mud holes.

/ New snow #130  
I could do a little clean up. Plow deposit at the end of the driveway etc. but tractor power wouldn't start yesterday.
I had one of those magnet block heaters plugged in for 8 hrs. It turned better but not fast enough to start.
It's been 30 hrs now and I'm about to give it another try before running some errands.
A battery warmer may be in my future but as I'm running almost 200 ft of extension cord I'm reluctant
to plug a 300w block heater AND a warmer on the one cord. I have no idea if it's a bad idea or not.