Nuclear fallout information

/ Nuclear fallout information #231  
He is giving the USA too much credit with his boots on the ground theory.

If anything, it is a few well versed Russian, Ukrainian, USA dual citizen contractors.

Other than that, it is Ukrainian preparation, motivation and outright strategic/tactical brilliance brought on with the best C4ISR available.

Don't discount the Ukrainian people.

And well, there is Russia....dumpster fire across the board. Epic. Historic.
Two years ago Ukraine's military couldn't even control one of their states. Hadn't that skirmish been going on for 8 years?

Now suddenly they are a lean mean fighting machine.

Yeah, right....

/ Nuclear fallout information #232  
That's one of the main reasons Russia wants Ukraine back, and fought so hard over it in WWII... the people that live there and the skills they have, combined with their manufacturing capabilities, and their only ports to the black sea and the Mediterranean. Plus the agriculture in Ukraine. It's a huge prize and has nothing to do with old Russia and sentiment. It's valuable. That's all there is to it.
Good job Moss. Glad you figured that out.

/ Nuclear fallout information #233  
They had 7-8 years to analyze what happened in Crimea and prepare for when Russia would eventually attempt it again with other parts of Ukraine. They took advantage of that time to get trained and work with 'other countries' to tune their tactics.
Yep. At a minimum the US and UK had special forces training the Ukraine Army after 2014. That is really what they are for, not kicking in doors and clearing a house, like is so often portrayed. They are supposed to train the locals on how to fight and maybe fight with them depending on circumstances. At this point of the war, there would not be any US military personal in the Ukraine. They would be CIA contractors. ;)

I read somewhere, I think it was the Wall Street Journal, that after 2014, the US and the Ukraine government started to work clearing out incompetent people from the military and government. They were also looking for and clearing out the traitors. There were still incompetent, if not down right traitors in the high level positions, but lower level people knew who was a problem, worked on their planning and training in spite of the obstacles, and eventually got many of these people out of the way.

In the early stages of the war, the hit and run tactics being used on the Russian columns was almost certainly a plan developed with the US/UK special forces.

However, the Ukrainian people also rose up to fight and it was more than just making Molotov cocktails. The WSJ had a report out a week or so back about this issue and it explained something that had puzzled me from the early days in the war. At the start of the war, people came out of their houses and started to look on how to fight the Russians. Some made food. Guys with drones started flying to provide intelligence to whatever Ukrainian unit was near by. These drone guys were eventually formally entered into service. Another group of people went looking for weapons and went to an armory but were turned away. They went to another armory, nobody was there and they found two inoperative APCs. They fixed the APCs, some soldiers returned so they gave one to the unit, kept the other, got weapons and went to fight the Orcs.

Early on, the initial reports from the Russian occupied areas, was the the Russians were looking for civilian owned weapons and they had the registration lists, either provided by traitors or taken from government offices.

I might be adding two and two and getting 12 but another person they talked about was a woman who was a reporter years ago. She took photos of one of the corrupt rich leaders house and was beaten up by thugs. She eventually was elected to office and learned how to fire anti tank weapons. She was part of the citizen groups and the army that stopped the Russian advance on Kiev. From what the article described, it sounded like she was the one firing on the Russian column that was videoed by drone where the column took a few hits, turn around and ran. The column did not dismount infantry to take out the ambush, they just ran. This was one of the best Russian units.

The explained mystery was the flooding that blocked most of the Russian advance on Kiev. Early on, it was reported that the Russians had blown a dam causing the flooding, which made no sense, even when the Russians don't seem to do the smart thing. Turns out a local man who knew the area, including fortified positions from WWII, and the local history, knew that opening the flood gates would flood a huge area, including houses, but it would halt the Russian advance. He went to the local Ukrainian Army commander, laid out a map to show the flood zone, and asked for help. The commander gave him explosives and a couple of engineers and blew the flood gates. THAT made more sense then the Russians being that stupid. The flood did leave a bit of dry land that was passable to the Russians, who did find the path, so they blew another flood gate.

The Ukrainians are showing remarkable flexibility dealing with the Russians. Flexibility is NOT something the Russians understand and they simply never had the forces to steam roller the Urainians.

Later,
Dan

/ Nuclear fallout information #234  
Two years ago Ukraine's military couldn't even control one of their states. Hadn't that skirmish been going on for 8 years?

Now suddenly they are a lean mean fighting machine.

Yeah, right....
I think you are discounting Ukrainian intelligence and your general timing of things maybe has led you astray in their resolve.

Since 2014 Ukraine has been preparing for an all out war with Russia. They could see it coming with the "war" in Donbas and the annexation of Crimea. Strategically they could not take on Russia, politically they were recovering from their own internal directional leanings. Tactically they could hold the Donbas but not recover it under full Ukrainian control.

Russia, specifically - Putin, made the political and strategic error of waging war on Ukraine. Only problem is, Putin, has never kept up with what Ukraine has done since 2014. He seriously miscalculated everything about them as a people, a country and a right to be free.

/ Nuclear fallout information #235  
Yep. At a minimum the US and UK had special forces training the Ukraine Army after 2014. That is really what they are for, not kicking in doors and clearing a house, like is so often portrayed. They are supposed to train the locals on how to fight and maybe fight with them depending on circumstances. At this point of the war, there would not be any US military personal in the Ukraine. They would be CIA contractors. ;)

I read somewhere, I think it was the Wall Street Journal, that after 2014, the US and the Ukraine government started to work clearing out incompetent people from the military and government. They were also looking for and clearing out the traitors. There were still incompetent, if not down right traitors in the high level positions, but lower level people knew who was a problem, worked on their planning and training in spite of the obstacles, and eventually got many of these people out of the way.

In the early stages of the war, the hit and run tactics being used on the Russian columns was almost certainly a plan developed with the US/UK special forces.

However, the Ukrainian people also rose up to fight and it was more than just making Molotov cocktails. The WSJ had a report out a week or so back about this issue and it explained something that had puzzled me from the early days in the war. At the start of the war, people came out of their houses and started to look on how to fight the Russians. Some made food. Guys with drones started flying to provide intelligence to whatever Ukrainian unit was near by. These drone guys were eventually formally entered into service. Another group of people went looking for weapons and went to an armory but were turned away. They went to another armory, nobody was there and they found two inoperative APCs. They fixed the APCs, some soldiers returned so they gave one to the unit, kept the other, got weapons and went to fight the Orcs.

Early on, the initial reports from the Russian occupied areas, was the the Russians were looking for civilian owned weapons and they had the registration lists, either provided by traitors or taken from government offices.

I might be adding two and two and getting 12 but another person they talked about was a woman who was a reporter years ago. She took photos of one of the corrupt rich leaders house and was beaten up by thugs. She eventually was elected to office and learned how to fire anti tank weapons. She was part of the citizen groups and the army that stopped the Russian advance on Kiev. From what the article described, it sounded like she was the one firing on the Russian column that was videoed by drone where the column took a few hits, turn around and ran. The column did not dismount infantry to take out the ambush, they just ran. This was one of the best Russian units.

The explained mystery was the flooding that blocked most of the Russian advance on Kiev. Early on, it was reported that the Russians had blown a dam causing the flooding, which made no sense, even when the Russians don't seem to do the smart thing. Turns out a local man who knew the area, including fortified positions from WWII, and the local history, knew that opening the flood gates would flood a huge area, including houses, but it would halt the Russian advance. He went to the local Ukrainian Army commander, laid out a map to show the flood zone, and asked for help. The commander gave him explosives and a couple of engineers and blew the flood gates. THAT made more sense then the Russians being that stupid. The flood did leave a bit of dry land that was passable to the Russians, who did find the path, so they blew another flood gate.

The Ukrainians are showing remarkable flexibility dealing with the Russians. Flexibility is NOT something the Russians understand and they simply never had the forces to steam roller the Urainians.

Later,
Dan
You need to make a movie.

/ Nuclear fallout information #236  
I think you are discounting Ukrainian intelligence and your general timing of things maybe has led you astray in their resolve.

Since 2014 Ukraine has been preparing for an all out war with Russia. They could see it coming with the "war" in Donbas and the annexation of Crimea. Strategically they could not take on Russia, politically they were recovering from their own internal directional leanings. Tactically they could hold the Donbas but not recover it under full Ukrainian control.

Russia, specifically - Putin, made the political and strategic error of waging war on Ukraine. Only problem is, Putin, has never kept up with what Ukraine has done since 2014. He seriously miscalculated everything about them as a people, a country and a right to be free.
So why was Zelensky condemning the West for beating the War drum saying Russia wasn't going to invade Ukraine a few days before the invasion started?

My general timing of things is based on the timing in which things happened.....

/ Nuclear fallout information #237  
Could it be Putin's own words stating no entry and only an exercise?

/ Nuclear fallout information #238  
So why was Zelensky condemning the West for beating the War drum saying Russia wasn't going to invade Ukraine a few days before the invasion started?

My general timing of things is based on the timing in which things happened.....
Maybe he was trying to fool the Russians into thinking they weren't ready?

/ Nuclear fallout information #239  
I don't recall the AR15 stamping on the A1. But it might have been there. The A1 had a triangular foregrip. Some versions did not have forward assist.
Mine was the triangle fore end, hollow "Mattel" stock, no bolt assist.

I did turn it into a single shot once by round house butt stroking a guy across the side of his head. Snapped the butt stock clean off. Buffer spring and plunger went flying. They made me pay for that stock. It cost me $66 taken out of my paycheck. Good Times.*

sarcasm*

/ Nuclear fallout information #240  
Mine was the triangle fore end, hollow "Mattel" stock, no bolt assist.

I did turn it into a single shot once by round house butt stroking a guy across the side of his head. Snapped the butt stock clean off. Buffer spring and plunger went flying. They made me pay for that stock. It cost me $66 taken out of my paycheck. Good Times.*

sarcasm*
I watched a Ranger completely destroy an M16 in training. He demonstrated all of the things you should not do with your rifle. :)