Nuclear fallout information

/ Nuclear fallout information #22  
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Let me guess, last year the OP was running around wearing triple masks, bough hand sanitizer in 5 gallon pails, and used salad tongs to hand out halloween candy to trick-or-treaters because covid was the end of the human race.

I have a new product guaranteed to protect you and your loved ones. Buy "Nuke and fallout insurance". For only $1K per month recurring investment the insurance will pay you $10M if a nuke falls on you.

/ Nuclear fallout information #23  
All said and done Punxsutawney Phil might be doing his own spring predictions.
Only ground dwelling rodents will survive..😉

/ Nuclear fallout information #24  
The only place to be is directly under one of the dots where you go so quick you don't even know you're gone. You do not want to be anywhere else. You do not want to survive the initial hour.

There will be no survival. There may be struggling for days or weeks, but you will not survive. Earth will essentially be uninhabitable for a century.

The only winning move is not to play.
I'm not so sure about this. Take a look at the city of Hiroshima today.

/ Nuclear fallout information #25  
As far as I know everyone will die. I'm just trying to put it off as long as possible. Over the decades I've had all major limbs incapacitated (broken wrists, ankles, at separate times), lost my hearing (gargantuan wax build up) lost sight (major cataract). Yet I still want to keep on ticking.

/ Nuclear fallout information #27  
I'm not so sure about this. Take a look at the city of Hiroshima today.

Blast yield of Little Boy was 15 Kilotons. Fat Man was 21 Kilotons. Those are like firecrackers compared to today's warheads which can be 500 Kilotons to well into the Megaton range.

All out Themonuclear war could see thousands of them detonated in hours. At the very least, the debris ejected into the atmosphere could blot out the Sun for years and drop temperatures substantially .... aka Nuclear Winter.

/ Nuclear fallout information #28  
Yeah, while I am sure fatjay was just whatiffing or posting for pure discussion, the possibility certainly does exist of nucular (dubbya) winter.

But at the same time I doubt Putler really would initiate that. He is certainly a sick twisted F---. And he certainly has a demented sense of the brotherhood of humanity on the planet. But I don't see him as one who willingly goes down in history as worse than ****** and the ender of the world. Even though I started calling him Putler since the start of the war, I don't think he is at that same level.

/ Nuclear fallout information #29  
But cool maps. I am hosed. But looking at the map, i know where to bug out to easily!
Looks like somewhere in Main or parts of Oregon are on the remote side but I'm screwed everywhere I am...

/ Nuclear fallout information #30  
Blast yield of Little Boy was 15 Kilotons. Fat Man was 21 Kilotons. Those are like firecrackers compared to today's warheads which can be 500 Kilotons to well into the Megaton range.

All out Themonuclear war could see thousands of them detonated in hours. At the very least, the debris ejected into the atmosphere could blot out the Sun for years and drop temperatures substantially .... aka Nuclear Winter.

At least the nonsense about Global warming wouldn't be pushed.