Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt.

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #151  
Luckily this is the only area of the basement where we have a lot of plumbing hanging down. You can use a drop ceiling, but I personally don't care for their looks, so I'm going to frame out my own drop ceiling with ~2' x 4' drywall sections that are removable.

Kind of like this:

Basement-ceiling-coffered-lifted-panel-1024x634.jpg
GREAT idea on the drop ceiling.

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #152  
Very nice view!!!

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #153  
I built our house from scratch here. I know the hard work and headaches. You have built a very fine house. You and your wife should be very happy and proud of all the work. It will be a very fine place to build lasting memories.

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #154  
That is a spectacular view. I have family in Luzzerne. Spent a lot of summer vacations there in the 1970’s

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt.
So a side question. My driveway is still the original shale base from initial construction of the road two years ago. It's holding up fine with the exception of two spots during heavy rain. In the pictures below you can see where water is pooling on the side. I'm wondering what my best approach here would be. A pipe? The road will eventually be built up as budget allows (6" of compacted sub base on top of Geo), but hoping to address this issue now if I can.

PXL_20210412_104932441.jpg

PXL_20210412_104948099.jpg

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #156  
Maybe a runoff trench or wide swale since it looks like a down slope right where the pools are.

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #157  
You need a ditch. Wide and shallow.

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt.
My plan this summer was to wrap all remaining posts and beams in 3/4" cedar, but given how much prices have risen, I'm thinking of postponing. A lot of things I'm reading are saying to expect a retreat in prices in about 18 months, but other experts claim that we most likely won't ever see pre-covid pricing on building materials. It's a tough spot, because I hate the unfinished look, but I also don't want to spend a fortune just due to price gouging. The picture below was from last spring when I was finishing the deck.

IMG_20200505_192838.jpg

I had wrapped the main deck roof posts/beams with Timbertech fasica, but it's super $$$ and I don't have the budget to wrap everything else in it:

PXL_20210305_175236996.jpg

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #160  
My plan this summer was to wrap all remaining posts and beams in 3/4" cedar, but given how much prices have risen, I'm thinking of postponing. A lot of things I'm reading are saying to expect a retreat in prices in about 18 months, but other experts claim that we most likely won't ever see pre-covid pricing on building materials. It's a tough spot, because I hate the unfinished look, but I also don't want to spend a fortune just due to price gouging. The picture below was from last spring when I was finishing the deck.

View attachment 695755

I had wrapped the main deck roof posts/beams with Timbertech fasica, but it's super $$$ and I don't have the budget to wrap everything else in it:

View attachment 695756
That's sweet. What manufacturer did you use for the decking? I'm ready to re do mine.