post hole digger attachments

/ post hole digger attachments #1  

scaredychicken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018), Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969), Cub Cadet RZT S50 zero turn mower (2012)
I'm (still) intending to buy a Kubota BX Series tractor, loader, backhoe, mower.
hopefully, THIS YEAR

I have my eye on the new / current BX23S unit - wondering how well a post hole digger works on that unit?

I have seen a used BX22 (seems too small though), and also the BX25, BX25D units, locally. For these units the Cdn price is $17,000 (tractor loader) - $41,000 (T, L, B, and several extra assessories). The newer more expensive models have features that would certainly be an asset for me regarding ease of use, entry, exit.

So, are ANY of these units adequate for a post-hole digger? The larger B3030 (from 2006-12) was my other thought.

Hopefully I will have a unit by October. :) It's been a long wait, and they keep improving things so my decisions change. My physical handicap being the biggest consideration influencing ease of use. Glad that I couldn't afford a tractor when I first started looking, because I would have ended up with the wrong one.

open deck, HST, diesel, 4x4, compact tractor

thanks for input (again)

/ post hole digger attachments #2  
I'm (still) intending to buy a Kubota BX Series tractor, loader, backhoe, mower.
hopefully, THIS YEAR

I have my eye on the new / current BX23S unit - wondering how well a post hole digger works on that unit?

I have seen a used BX22 (seems too small though), and also the BX25, BX25D units, locally. For these units the Cdn price is $17,000 (tractor loader) - $41,000 (T, L, B, and several extra assessories). The newer more expensive models have features that would certainly be an asset for me regarding ease of use, entry, exit.

So, are ANY of these units adequate for a post-hole digger? The larger B3030 (from 2006-12) was my other thought.

Hopefully I will have a unit by October. :) It's been a long wait, and they keep improving things so my decisions change. My physical handicap being the biggest consideration influencing ease of use. Glad that I couldn't afford a tractor when I first started looking, because I would have ended up with the wrong one.

open deck, HST, diesel, 4x4, compact tractor

thanks for input (again)

I have an LS mt125 which is similar in size / hp as the BX25. I have a PHD w/ a 9" auger and it works great. We have hard (and I mean concrete hard) clay. Not too many if any rocks. Digs slow but works well when it's dry. Little bit of moisture and goes right through. Absolutely beats a hand held auger.

/ post hole digger attachments
LS mt125 - thank you for that detail, I think that is sufficient for my needs also, so I will keep looking for the right deal for me. It's good to know that the PHD's will work with these compact tractors. I have a significant amount of fencing to consider in time. cheers