PowerTrac Specific Modifications

/ PowerTrac Specific Modifications
That's a weird valve operation. You sure it wasn't just hose-swapped at the factory by mistake?

My 425 is held in center position, pull back to raise, push forward to lower, push even further forward past the detent to float.

/ PowerTrac Specific Modifications #33  
Roger, both of yours and the rest of the PT line is how it should have been built, but the PT180 has the antiquated 2 lever controls that were on machines built back in the 70s and 80s (before someone got the idea of a single joystick). For simplicity and low cost Power Trac put the valve in basically backward in the economy machine, so they then had to use float position next to raise otherwise the controls would have cause movements opposite the motion of the bucket (IE pull the tilt lever toward operator and the bucket would have went away). The manufacture of the valve had the threaded boss for the lever pivots (in pic you can see the 2 gold grade 8 bolts to plug the holes) incorporated in the valve, so for ease of assembly, PT made it work for quick assembly with the only side effect being the float next to raise. It took me some time to make it right and when PT sells the economy machine for only $6500, they can't afford to put more labor into it. I really wonder how much they can be profiting on a tractor with 4x4 - 4 drive motors, power steering, loader, 3 hyd pumps, top quality American hyd hoses (EVEN THE LOW PRESSURE RETURN HOSES ARE PRESSURE RATED!), heavy steel throughout, quality tires, quick attach for implements etc..and to sell it for that low of a price?

Last edited:
   / PowerTrac Specific Modifications #34  
Can you find the tool box in the picture?

Not many places to put a tool box. Trying this out, doubles as a fender. Now I can store my 3pt snap ring pins, top link pin, cat 1 to cat 2 bushings, wrenches to adj sway chains......oh yeah don't need those on a Power trac. Maybe two 15/16" wrenches to tighten the mower blade bolts.

Attachments

• tool box.jpeg
    tool box.jpeg
    306.8 KB · Views: 287
About the only semi-safe location for a toolbox for me would be on top of the engine compartment right behind my seat, but heck, even there, I managed to rip my fire extinguisher off out in the woods. I go through some pretty nasty stuff out there.

/ PowerTrac Specific Modifications #37  
The biggest reason I chose that spot is because the tractor had unused holes for the ROPS, so no drilling and it seemed like it would work, so only some time to bolt it on and try it out.

/ PowerTrac Specific Modifications #38  
Windshield on 1850 rubber washers between the plastic and rops.

300+shipping
Contact eBay seller: popdisplays

3/8 in margard abrasion resistant polycarbonate
The dimensions are :
39&3/8 wide at the bottom
31&1/2 wide at the top
30" tall

0801191710.jpg0801191949_HDR.jpg

/ PowerTrac Specific Modifications #39  
That will keep debris from the mower from hitting you and even keep out some rain.

No bugs in your teeth at high speed tramming, either. :D