PowerTrac Specific Modifications

/ PowerTrac Specific Modifications #21  
+3 on the spinner.

/ PowerTrac Specific Modifications #22  
It might be too simple, but nobody has mentioned the quintessential chain hook on your loader bucket..

Where is the best place for a toolbox? The hood is kind of heavy as it is.

Attachments

• Resized_20190626_181922.jpeg
    Resized_20190626_181922.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 358
   / PowerTrac Specific Modifications #23  
Haven't gotten a chance to harden the 425 like the 1850...paid for it yesterday. Put a stick through a wheel motor hose.

CL hooked me up with a fantastic portable hose crimper!
Quick cutoff wheel and 5 mins to crimp a new fitting...
0709191235_HDR.jpg

Back to work!

/ PowerTrac Specific Modifications #24  
Nice score on that hose crimper!!!! I wish I could find something like that, and a source for fittings. That tractor sure has a lot of hoses compared to my Pt180.

/ PowerTrac Specific Modifications #25  
You rock! Great score off of CL.

Does that crimper work off of your PT hoses?

All the best, Peter

/ PowerTrac Specific Modifications #26  
Thanks!

The crimper is manual...which is what I want when solving broken hoses...only takes a few pumps to crimp.

There's a good deal on a dayco crimper right now in eastnc.craigslist.org... Lmk if I can facilitate.

That particular pt started as a 425 is now a 425d(Kubota) ...w 2 extra cylinder circuits (one is dedicated to the grapple /front the other is a lift cylinder for the added 3pt hitch). There's some repairs from the field that need cut down and neatened...but yeah compared to a 180, lots of lines.

/ PowerTrac Specific Modifications #27  
I have a few hydraulic crimpers, Gates 601 and 4-20. (Yes, I know, I need to sell the extras one of these days). Most of my fittings are from Discount Hydraulic Hose. Standardizing on your fittings makes it easier since you know what diameter to crimp to. A crimper definitely comes in handy on an all hydraulic tractor and implements.

Ken

/ PowerTrac Specific Modifications #28  
So if I want to crimp Parker connectors will any hydraulic hose crimped do? I just found a very nice crumpet on Cl but have no clue if it is a good buy.

/ PowerTrac Specific Modifications #29  
As far as I know, my crimpers can crimp any normal fitting. Mine are adjustable for crimp diameter so you just need to know the tolerances for your fittings. There is a little trial and error for each size. I just start large and recrimp smaller as needed until I get it right and then check on the next couple of fittings.

Ken

/ PowerTrac Specific Modifications #30  
Re: PowerTrac Specific Modifications FOR PT 180 only

As you prob know, the PT 180 is a economy tractor with a lot of corners cut in the manufacturing process. Never the less it is a very capable tractor and here is a modification I did to the loader control valve.

The situation was, when a female operator (I never did this....) was using the tractor, mowing in unknown areas and encountered foreign objects, the gut reaction was to rapidly pull the loader handle back from the hold (due to higher than "float" setting for rough terrain), but due to the urgency of the situation, a lot of times the handle would be pulled back too far, through the loader "raise" position into the loader "float" position, thereby compounding the situation because the deck would now lower into the foreign object.

For those not familiar with the loader valve control on the PT180, it work as such Full Forward was lower/power down, one back was hold, again one back from hold was raise and finally all the way back was float.

I believe this was done because the valve fit in the tractor easily and was much quicker in the manufacturing process.

So, for those interested, I lowered the valve under the dash for access to the lines, switch the bucket tilt hoses top to bottom. On the loader lift cylinder, I switch the hoses end for end because it was much easier to do then fiddle with the control valve. I couldn't do this with the tilt cylinder because the hoses are different lengths. I then added a piece of 3/8 thick flat stock to the dash behind the loader control valve and drilled to mount the pivot fitting for the handles behind the valve. This changes the direction of the spool valves when you op the handles, that is why you have to switch the hoses. Now I have a regular forward float, one back down, back hold, all the way back raise setup and can now sharpen the mower blades...

Attachments

• loader mod pt.jpeg
    loader mod pt.jpeg
    279.5 KB · Views: 336