Proposed ban on gas stoves...

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Proposed ban on gas stoves... #91  
FoolishDiscreteGrackle-size_restricted.gif

/ Proposed ban on gas stoves... #93  
Boy I'm glad I live some place with no building code, permitting process, or building inspectors. If I want to, I can on my property - no matter how stupid or dangerous.
Full disclosure I have an electric stove, electric central heat but always use the wood stove and heat an out building with ventless propane. I just hate being told what is good for me...

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”​

― C. S. Lewis

/ Proposed ban on gas stoves... #94  
I'm sure that if gas were no longer an option for whatever reason, the electric range technology would start advancing and maybe they would come up with something comparable to, or even better, than gas. We're already using so many technologies that are better than their predecessors. Just think we used to have to go to somebody's house or a local establishment to argue with each other about gas stoves. Now we get to do it on the internet from the comfort of our homes.

/ Proposed ban on gas stoves... #95  
If the war in Ukraine has taught the world anything, it's that energy diversity is paramount.

This backwards thinking of relying upon electic for everything, will have painful effects later on. Take out the US grid...take out the US. Seems simple even for dumb dictators.

/ Proposed ban on gas stoves... #96  
I'm sure that if gas were no longer an option for whatever reason, the electric range technology would start advancing and maybe they would come up with something comparable to, or even better, than gas. We're already using so many technologies that are better than their predecessors. Just think we used to have to go to somebody's house or a local establishment to argue with each other about gas stoves. Now we get to do it on the internet from the comfort of our homes.
Technology comes with a price. Housing affordability will suffer. Inflation will continue.

/ Proposed ban on gas stoves... #97  
Well at least it's quieter and less chance of assault than in person :cool:

/ Proposed ban on gas stoves...

Absolutely!

The problem is depending on one power source...that is not so dependable. Right now there are several winter storms that have been impacting northern Nevada; as a result there are some areas that have been without electricity for over a week. So no lights, no heat, no hot water, no cooking for those all-electric homes. Not much fun in the middle of the winter when sunset occurs at 5 pm; the state has had to open "warming centers" for the people affected.

Those of us who have gas appliances can still use them - if the electric igniter doesn't work I can still use a match or butane lighter.

/ Proposed ban on gas stoves... #100  
Our government loves us and only has our best interest at heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.