Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #61  
Finally some people are seeming to understand ballast and counterweight. And how it certainly "can" increase the load on the front axle.

I have been trying to explain it on various threads here for years.

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #62  
The video, imho, was a backhanded attack on the LS, TYM and Kioti tractors that don't publish that info and lift significantly more than the Kubota. In that regard, JD is not a competitor for Kubota. Both lift less than the others. Most likely, sales people are getting an earful of how the lower priced competition also lifts more weight.

Well, Neil, I am not an engineer, but I have eyes. If you compare a TYM/Branson, LS or Kioti axle to the same sized frame Kubota, it is abundantly clear that Kubota has less robust axles. Don't need the number published. Kubota has advantages in dealer network and name recognition.

As the economy worsens, people will move more and more toward substitute goods. In other words, they become more price sensitive and tend to buy the less expensive brands. Also why you are seeing some prices drop on Kubota. The price gap got too big and it is affecting sales.

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #63  
My question is why someone would buy a 1,500 lb lawnmower and expect to operate it like a 10,000 lb skidsteer?
Imo because it's all they can afford then they think they can use it like an industrial unit, I see it on forums all the time people are stupid

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #64  
The video, imho, was a backhanded attack on the LS, TYM and Kioti tractors that don't publish that info and lift significantly more than the Kubota. In that regard, JD is not a competitor for Kubota. Both lift less than the others. Most likely, sales people are getting an earful of how the lower priced competition also lifts more weight.

Well, Neil, I am not an engineer, but I have eyes. If you compare a TYM/Branson, LS or Kioti axle to the same sized frame Kubota, it is abundantly clear that Kubota has less robust axles. Don't need the number published. Kubota has advantages in dealer network and name recognition.

As the economy worsens, people will move more and more toward substitute goods. In other words, they become more price sensitive and tend to buy the less expensive brands. Also why you are seeing some prices drop on Kubota. The price gap got too big and it is affecting sales.
If any small tractor manufacture published the front axle info....I'd be willing to be it can easily be exceeded. Don't care if it's a kubota, Deere, la, Mahindra, etc.

I have a bota MX. Loader + fluid + wheel weights but nothing on the 3ph and the machine weighs about 7000#. If I put 500# on the 3ph I can lift right at a ton but the back has zero weight.

Now that's 9500# on the front. Pretty sure that would exceed the spec if it existed.

A heavier tractor of a different brand that can lift more could put even more on the front.

I you want a heavier front axle and stronger loader...whatever your manufacture of choice....I'm sure they make a bigger model.

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #65  

The rear axle on my L4600 belongs on a much smaller tractor. The front axle isn't anything to brag about but, compared to the rear axle it looks good.

Compared to something else, today I would not own an L4600. It's not that it is a bad tractor but, that is marketed to be something it is not! Users are every bit as bad as dealers with extolling the greatness of the L4600 too! This creates unrealistic expectations for users that will really work them pretty hard.

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #66  
axles aren't snapping as a result of these static loads
It's a manufactures goal to reduce cost, but it would be a huge PR issue if axle failures were to start showing up on the public perception radar. It's one thing to state limitations (axle specs), and create other limitations (hydraulic relief), but word gets around quickly if failures become an issue. If the specified limitations are so off, which manufactures at the moment have front transaxles failing at an alarming rate?

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #67  
I didn't read this thread, but the title reminded me of a Kubota that a church I attended had.
They broke the front axle 3 times from overloading the bucket according to the dealer who kept fixing it.

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #68  
With my tractor I can lift the same amount of weight if I have my ballast box hooked up or not. It limited by the hydraulic pressure in the loader. Having the ballast box hooked up has nothing to do with how much I can lift. The ballast box just takes the load off the front axle.

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #69  

Neil IS a Kubota dealer!

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #70  
My biggest take from this is that he is a Kubota dealer.

If you are referring to Messick's, they are a multi-brand dealer.