Grapple Root Grapple for CUT recomendations

/ Root Grapple for CUT recomendations #1  

sheamus

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT2035HST
I am starting to look for a grapple for my Bobcat CT2035 (35HP, 1650lbs lift). I really like the root grapple from EA (Subcompact Compact Tractor Wicked Root Grapple 50'' Single lid). The 54" is only 250lbs and 275lbs with the extra slats. I am fine with the single lid, as it keeps the weight down. I actually won't need it for a while, so EA's wait time doesn't bother me. The only downside is cost. The EA grapple isn't cheap, to begin with, and then the cost of getting it to Canada makes it about $1300 more than the cheaper ones I can find here.

The cheaper ones all seem to be quite heavy, ofter over 500lbs. The other companies that do make the lighter weight options, but only seem to do so in the root rake style, which I am not interested in for my purposes.

I am still learning that direction, but I just want to make sure I explore my options. Any other recommendations for the root grapple style, under 300lbs, that I should be looking at? Bonus marks if they have Canadian dealers.

/ Root Grapple for CUT recomendations #2  
I would get the lightest one you can. You will thank yourself every time you can pick something up that you wouldn’t have been able to with a heavier implement. I have a wicked root grapple and I couldn’t be happier with it.

/ Root Grapple for CUT recomendations #3  
Homestead is similar to the EA (material, weight, cost) they ship from NY, not sure what the rate to Canada would be.
I own their 60" root grapple.

The weight listed on the webpage is the shipping weight, with pallet, packing etc. Actual weight can be found in the documentation. https://homesteadimplements.com/content/Manuals/RG_Manual.pdf

Last edited:
   / Root Grapple for CUT recomendations
It looks like nice stuff! I want the long bottom style which Homestead doesn't seem to make, which is too bad.

Looks like they actually have free shipping within Ontario, so I would expect their shipping rates within other parts of Canada are pretty reasonable, and would not have duty.

Last edited:
   / Root Grapple for CUT recomendations
My local Peavy Mart has this one new for $1,560CAD, and the 54" is only 300lbs. Skid Steer Grapple Bucket

It definitely isn't on par with the EA in terms of steel grade, weight, and design, but it would cost me almost exactly half as much! By far the cheapest I have seen with the long bottom, and reasonable weight for a CUT.

I am a little nervous because BE pressure washers are fairly common here, and the pumps never last, though they come with a Honda motor which lasts forever.

Does anyone have any experience with this brand of grapples? Given the price and weight, I am tempted to take a flyer on it...

Edit: I rolled the dice on it. Should be here in 3 weeks. EA wouldn't arrive until after the first snowfall, and my primary need for it this year is past. So if it really sucks, I'll likely be able to sell it for close to what I paid and order the EA, and then the 4 month wait time won't be a big issue. I'll report back on the quality.

Last edited:
   / Root Grapple for CUT recomendations #6  
Is it the BE-SSGB2254 by Braber? How did it work out?

I'm looking at the same issue (trying to get work done before the snow flies and grapples are hard to come by) and have a choice of the Braber BE-SSGB2254 or the LS version.

/ Root Grapple for CUT recomendations #7  
LandPride sgc 0660 has a strong grip
20210914_131600.jpg

20210412_134437.jpg

26hp Kubota B series

/ Root Grapple for CUT recomendations #8  
Gotcha thanks
Just emailed with the guy I bought my MaHindra from. He's telling me the 54" doesn't really pick up less than a 66" and since it's lighter gives you a little more lifting cap. But then, it's all he has in stock.

I've checked around and most are saying "Good Luck" try us next year!

/ Root Grapple for CUT recomendations #9  
I have a Land Pride grapple on my M6040. It's a very HD grapple - SGC1560 @ 820#. However - LP does make lighter grapples for smaller tractors and, after nine years of use, mine is still in mint condition. I use mine to move large rocks and chunks of pine tree trunk.

/ Root Grapple for CUT recomendations #10  
TMG industrial is Canadian and has some I don't know if you check them out or not ?

what is your purposes, what do you want to use it for ?