ssqa snow plow build under way

/ ssqa snow plow build under way #31  
You really should have listened to all the people who told you to float the plow separately from the loader. The loader arms are just too heavy for this to work. BTDT. Plus - Given how lightweight the plow and frame is, you are going to mangle this the first time it starts to catch or dig in. But as you said, you can certainly try it out and discover this on your own...

/ ssqa snow plow build under way #32  
Gene, I think that if you need to proceed to plan B when you test out your plow, What I'd do is install 2 shoes with UHMW to allow your plow to just skid a long your driveway.

Just a thought, B.T.W. good job.

KC

/ ssqa snow plow build under way
Gene, I think that if you need to proceed to plan B when you test out your plow, What I'd do is install 2 shoes with UHMW to allow your plow to just skid a long your driveway.

Just a thought, B.T.W. good job.

KC

I think for plan b that's a good idea, KC. I got lots of delrin from work, it would be nothing for me to drill some holes in the shoes and line them with delrin.

But I think for my uses, the plow should work just fine as is. Like I said, I don't necessarily even need to float it. Sometimes I don't float the bucket with the snow edge, and it plows the snow all the same.

"Pretzel" shmetzel lol, these dudes on here, they're talking like I'm taking this plow off my paved/flat driveway. "...you are going to mangle this the first time it starts to catch or dig in." Catch on what, a boulder that's gonna magically appear on my driveway? :rolleyes:

/ ssqa snow plow build under way #34  
I think for plan b that's a good idea, KC. I got lots of delrin from work, it would be nothing for me to drill some holes in the shoes and line them with delrin.

But I think for my uses, the plow should work just fine as is. Like I said, I don't necessarily even need to float it. Sometimes I don't float the bucket with the snow edge, and it plows the snow all the same.

"Pretzel" shmetzel lol, these dudes on here, they're talking like I'm taking this plow off my paved/flat driveway. "...you are going to mangle this the first time it starts to catch or dig in." Catch on what, a boulder that's gonna magically appear on my driveway? :rolleyes:

Like one gentleman said on here once, tractors are all about 'give' and 'take'. You are 'given' a paved driveway and you are just 'taking' the snow off. Only you know what you are comfortable with and know how you are going to use it. That is the same with me. My snow blade does not have a spring loaded kick back but I also do not have any boulders nor do I plan on plowing any driveways other than mine. It does have a big rubber lip that is forgiving if something gets in the way.

The two vertical angle irons do nothing to support the plow frame. And the SSQA didn't need them to control any stresses that your plow might apply.

I'm concerned whether the plow framework and swivel assembly can handle the added stress applied by your FEL frame and tractor.

As you said, we shall see. :D

Those 2 verticals are gussets for the plow frame, their only function is to support the plow frame. Whether that's adequate enough is my only worry, but the stuff you're listing as worries about frame/swivel ain't what I'm worried about actually.

Like one gentleman said on here once, tractors are all about 'give' and 'take'. You are 'given' a paved driveway and you are just 'taking' the snow off. Only you know what you are comfortable with and know how you are going to use it. That is the same with me. My snow blade does not have a spring loaded kick back but I also do not have any boulders nor do I plan on plowing any driveways other than mine. It does have a big rubber lip that is forgiving if something gets in the way.

Right?!!! My plow does have trip springs actually. I made the scraper edge outta UHMW, works great.

The two verticals do nothing to support the plow frame. They only support the SSQA plate.

I think you'll be fine, even though you've never plowed snow before. :rolleyes:

Oh, so we trolling now lol? :laughing:

/ ssqa snow plow build under way #38  
   / ssqa snow plow build under way #40  
Right?!!! My plow does have trip springs actually. I made the scraper edge outta UHMW, works great.

Oh, with that UHMW scrapper blade I think you will be golden pushing snow from your paved driveway.

KC