Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations
1) MMM's are the work of satan. Get one if you must, avoid them when you can

2) You'll get a much better deal if you buy the FEL with the tractor. It's called "Bundling". Don't over-complicate things

In fact, look hard at package deals. Get some other attachments while you're at it. Box Blade?? Bush Hog?? Forks?

You can sometimes finance all of it through Kubota at 0% Interest. I like free money.
Touche. What is the hate behind a MMM? While I would agree not ideal for large mowing jobs like a pasture or something like a ditch but for a typical "yard" it would be hard to beat.

Yeah, SSQA is a must.

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #42  
THe Yanmar 324 is a fine machine that I highly recommend.

I compared it to the B2601 / JD2025 and the Massey Ferguson 1526.
The Yanmar has a 10 Year warranty and was alot less $$. The JD is Yanmar-powered.
The others have a 3 range HST, tilt and speed control. Not enough to justify $thousands more.

My Dealer offered a "no-strings" tryout of the 324 for a week and gave a great trade in $.

View attachment 698096
Nice machine. Nice shirt!

Good luck!
MoKelly

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #43  
Touche. What is the hate behind a MMM? While I would agree not ideal for large mowing jobs like a pasture or something like a ditch but for a typical "yard" it would be hard to beat.

Yeah, SSQA is a must.

I too don't necessarily understand the MMM hate on the forum. My B2601 w/ 60" MMM does a great job. I have no complaints on the performance. However, the MMM can be a pain to remove and reinstall if you have to do it a lot and they are a pretty expensive attachment.

Edit: IMHO, FEL & SSQA are a must at the time of purchase!

Mike

How does LS, Mahindra, Bobcat, New Holland etc all compare?

the LS MT225S seems like a well built tractor in the approximate size of the B2601.

Last edited:
   / Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #45  
How does LS, Mahindra, Bobcat, New Holland etc all compare?

the LS MT2S seems like a well built tractor in the approximate size of the B2601.
My neighbor has the 225-S..... absolutely awesome machine! If it was available at the time, I would have purchased the 225-S instead of my XG3025 (MT225E).

Don't get me wrong, I really like my tractor, but the 225-S is more maneuverable but is still really strong. The BH has the same specs as mine.

I originally had the MT125 TLB and was very happy with it, a true little workhorse! I did jobs with that tractor that most people would say required a full sized machine. Like installing a full septic system, installing a driveway, grading the new homesite, and all the trenching. Of course it took a lot longer, but I had the time. What I saved doing the work myself, paid for a third of the tractor.

I am exceptionally confident in the LS tractors. So much so that the first one was purchased from a dealer 500 miles away north of us. The second one was purchased from a dealer also 550 miles away, south of us.

I had over 220 hours in 2 years on the 125... sold it for $500 less than what I paid for it. I now have 230 hours on my 3025 in 2 years. Neither one ever had to go back to the dealer.... never had any problems with them!

All of the tractor brands will have some problems here and there, but most are very well made.

The only 'local' dealers here are JD, Kubota, and Mahindra. They are very proud of the brands, usually charging 5-10% more than MSRP! I got the MT125 for $6K less than the lowest price locally.

Good luck with your search!

My neighbor has the 225-S..... absolutely awesome machine! If it was available at the time, I would have purchased the 225-S instead of my XG3025 (MT225E).

Don't get me wrong, I really like my tractor, but the 225-S is more maneuverable but is still really strong. The BH has the same specs as mine.

I originally had the MT125 TLB and was very happy with it, a true little workhorse! I did jobs with that tractor that most people would say required a full sized machine. Like installing a full septic system, installing a driveway, grading the new homesite, and all the trenching. Of course it took a lot longer, but I had the time. What I saved doing the work myself, paid for a third of the tractor.

I am exceptionally confident in the LS tractors. So much so that the first one was purchased from a dealer 500 miles away north of us. The second one was purchased from a dealer also 550 miles away, south of us.

I had over 220 hours in 2 years on the 125... sold it for $500 less than what I paid for it. I now have 230 hours on my 3025 in 2 years. Neither one ever had to go back to the dealer.... never had any problems with them!

All of the tractor brands will have some problems here and there, but most are very well made.

The only 'local' dealers here are JD, Kubota, and Mahindra. They are very proud of the brands, usually charging 5-10% more than MSRP! I got the MT125 for $6K less than the lowest price locally.

Good luck with your search!
The only thing that concerns me with LS is the question of “will they be around in 20 years” type of thing. I want to have this unit for quite a long time. Obviously things like filters are easy, and with the 225S being Yanmar powered I don’t think there is an engine longevity concern.

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #47  
Bdsankey check these out:
Do you think LS tractors will last a week or two????
I personally think that the LS tractors are really made
strong and well designed. A lot of guys have them and really enjoy using them as they are a strong tractor but for me after test driving a Yanmar I chose the Yanmar YT235C I like cruise control and I forgot what the other thing was. I cut
grass and its over 1000 ft one way and the ground is bumpy and trying to keep foot steady don't work.

You are only about 35 or 40 miles from my home
town FDL bottom of lake Winnebago and a few
miles south of Neenah Menasha
You ever go to Oshkosh to watch the air show?
Some really weird looking planes and you wonder
how they can fly!
willy

Bdsankey check these out:
Do you think LS tractors will last a week or two????
I personally think that the LS tractors are really made
strong and well designed. A lot of guys have them and really enjoy using them as they are a strong tractor but for me after test driving a Yanmar I chose the Yanmar YT235C I like cruise control and I forgot what the other thing was. I cut
grass and its over 1000 ft one way and the ground is bumpy and trying to keep foot steady don't work.

You are only about 35 or 40 miles from my home
town FDL bottom of lake Winnebago and a few
miles south of Neenah Menasha
You ever go to Oshkosh to watch the air show?
Some really weird looking planes and you wonder
how they can fly!
willy
Im not worried about the unit lasting a week or two, just want to make sure dealer support will be there in 2040.

I work in Oshkosh. The air show, as someone who works in Oshkosh, is miserable as traffic gets destroyed hahah. It does bring a lot of revenue into the city and is a great event to attend.

I agree, there are some crazy planes there!

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #49  
Get the loader now. You want it you just may not no it. My first tractor was a Kubota BX and I bought it without a loader. I added it a few months later. I’m no mechanic but I was able to install it myself.

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #50  
Is the brewery working or did it go by the way side?
I think it was on hwy 45 on the south east corner of
Oshkosh. How about the model railroad store where
the guy had a very large layout with tunnels etc made
to look realistic? Mercury still testing their outboards?
In 1982 FDL pop was 24k+ and there was more people
unemployed than the pop. two RR's left town, the leather company closed the doors, Mercury laid off thousands of workers and G&L did the same as Mercury. I worked on the raid road tie gang and you
can't live on unemployment of $125 a week. So prayed
made a lot of phone calls came here on Friday and was working Monday. My dad was 100 years & 6 months put him in St Agnes Hospital in Fond du Lac
Wisconsin and told him the meds would take care of everything and 3 days later they said we have to put a feeding tube in and my dad said you said the meds would take care of everything so no feeding tube. He died 2 days later. Great hospital if you wanna die, no
food for 3 days???

willy