This stuff gets heavier as I get older

/ This stuff gets heavier as I get older #24  
I'm 37 and already find half of this stuff too heavy.... At 80, maybe a robot can pick me out of bed and put me on the tractor
It is not THAT bad at 80, but as my dad would sometimes say: "It ain't like it used to was"

/ This stuff gets heavier as I get older #25  
I remember when commercial fertilizer came in 100 lb. bags. They were a bear to handle even in my younger days.

/ This stuff gets heavier as I get older #26  
I remember when commercial fertilizer came in 100 lb. bags. They were a bear to handle even in my younger days.
Yep, my first job was in an ice cream factory.
Sugar was delivered once per week and it was all in 100 lb sacks.
My back still aches just thinking of those days.
I had to heft them onto a cart and stack them near the batch pots.

/ This stuff gets heavier as I get older
At 79 I comply with all of the above . Two tractors , zero turn and an old toro wheel horse for odd jobs . Isn't it fun
I have 3 Farmall Cubs. Putting cultivators on and off is a bear. 😊

/ This stuff gets heavier as I get older #29  
I wised you a few years ago and quit lifting the stupid heavy stuff.

2 weeks ago I rolled my ankle till it popped. Thought I broke it but apparently didn’t. Last week was tugging on a wrench with my ribs against a machine. I heard a rib pop. It’s still sore.
You know what they say...getting old isn’t for puzzys!

/ This stuff gets heavier as I get older #30  
Helped a friend (actually I did most all the work) change the brake proportioning valve on his 1970 Dodge Charger yesterday. Had to jack up the front and rear and put on jack stands so I could get my big ass under it. To get to the valve, you have to jack the left side of the engine up so you can take off the driver side header and starter. Then you can finally get to the valve. Thankfully all the brakes bled out pretty easily, so he will have rear brakes now. Lying on the creeper working under it is not a problem, but getting up and down a dozen times isn't as easy as it was 20 years ago.
Soon I am going to get started putting my 1970 Nova back together, it's just a bare shell of a body now. I'm not looking forward to all the contortions you have to go through to put some things back together on it.