Thoughts On Lining Up Bucket to Front End Loader

/ Thoughts On Lining Up Bucket to Front End Loader #41  
Dunno whats so different about my Kioti but it's super easy to see the SSQA. I figured most tractors were this way, sorry for those of you operating blind!

I can see the brackets without standing up, usually stay seated to scoop or drop attachments. But when I stand this is the view; wide open and clear.
KMgzbwk.jpg

/ Thoughts On Lining Up Bucket to Front End Loader #42  
I use a wireless camera powered by a cordless tool battery. It has a dual magnetic base which will stick to any metal surface:

View attachment 771524 View attachment 771525

View attachment 771529 View attachment 771526

View attachment 771528 View attachment 771527

I store it in the cab and place it wherever it's needed. It can also be placed on the ground which sometimes gives a better view of the work operation.
These HD BlueTooth cameras (I have 4 from Amazon) have a remarkable range. I use them more than 400' from my home office for home surveillance. At this distance, I still have 2 & 3 bars out of 5 showing signal strength. The viewer has the capability for showing any combination of 1, 2 or 4 camera outputs.

Attachments

• 20221130_090843.jpg
    20221130_090843.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
   / Thoughts On Lining Up Bucket to Front End Loader #43  
I’ve been running a tractor for a long time but with my newest addition, I’m having the hardest time lining up my bucket and forks. I can’t see the brackets because of the loader arms. Any ideas on an easy way to line them up? I’ve read putting a painted line on the quick attach plate and bucket and forks, but I haven’t done that yet. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
I have a neighbor with a quick attach, getting things lined up for him is a 2 person job. The first time I helped him it was a 5 minute job, after he made many repeated solo attempts.

Last edited:
   / Thoughts On Lining Up Bucket to Front End Loader #44  
Another thought on being able to unlatch and latch without leaving the seat -- it's not as if the latch requires much mechanical work to actuate. There's no need for an electric motor or a hydraulic cylinder, and all the extra complication those things introduce. A simple crank, or levers, or even a chain to pull, would be fine, if only you could reach it from the seat.
I think the same would be true of a remotely adjustable top link for the 3PT. The hardship wasn't that it was exhausting to supply the human power to do this job, it was that you have to dismount.
In fact, you know what would be a useful product? A linear actuator that was operated by spinning a shaft that stuck out the side.

/ Thoughts On Lining Up Bucket to Front End Loader #45  
I have a neighbor with a quick attach, getting things lined up for him is a 2 person job.
I don’t get it. I’m dropping and picking up QA implements all the time, once already this morning, and surely again this afternoon. Never more than a few seconds to drive up, lift, then hop off my seat to drop in the lynch pins (JDQA). I see skid steer guys the same or quicker with SSQA. Why so much trouble for this neighbor?

/ Thoughts On Lining Up Bucket to Front End Loader #46  
Another idea for the remote latching mechanism: use a double ended hydraulic cylinder to push the latches open or closed, and use a small hydraulic pump (or motor) with a crank on the shaft to power the cylinder. Crank one way to latch and the other way to unlatch. You'd load this little system with hydraulic oil, and if it leaked enough to work less well, you'd top it off. With a double ended cylinder, the total hydraulic fluid volume doesn't change as the cylinder moves one way or the other.

/ Thoughts On Lining Up Bucket to Front End Loader #47  
The 72” grapple ssqa implement side was tight side to side. 1/4-3/8”. Slight off level positioning from storage would make it hard to try to align. It all was made for skidsteers back then. Even used a Bobcat yoke on the older tractor FEL to be able to use skidsteer attachment. Welding on LIPS (Lateral Implements Positioning System) on the sides made a world of difference. All of my early attachments were skidsteer type.

The newer EA wicked grapple has about an inch of side to side play on its ssqa. There is even a little taper top to bottom. Much more tractor friendly to connect.