Thoughts On Lining Up Bucket to Front End Loader

/ Thoughts On Lining Up Bucket to Front End Loader #21  
B26 ssqa bucket and backhoe qa buckets have flares or wings to help guide. Small tractor has a good site line anyway. They all should be made that way.

Bigger tractors I can’t see and often store FEL implements just inside the drip line of a barn or shed with uneven ground compounding the problem. Welding 1.5x0.5” flat bars on the sides at 45 degrees helped considerably. Attachment just want to jump on now. Greatly reducing time and frustration.
IMG_1847.JPG

Grapple. Built with tight side to side tolerance that any unlevel up hook was hard.
IMG_2446.JPG

Hitch plate. Added wings in build.

Just using a grinder and beveling the inside sides of the implement hitch helps some. Wings make it easy. Still have a few more attachments to fix.

/ Thoughts On Lining Up Bucket to Front End Loader #22  
I've been wondering about putting a mirror just under the front of my canopy. It'd need to be close to horizontal. I have used nice convex golf cart rear view mirrors before, though at this location a few feet away from my eyes the convexity would need to be very slight.

Anybody done something like this?

/ Thoughts On Lining Up Bucket to Front End Loader #23  
I have one mounted in this location. I have a 60" roof so the mirror may be 48" from my eyes. There are a lot of different miorrors out there with a lot of different configurations of vertical as well as horizontal curve.
The very best I have found is this golf cart mirror. Red Hawk
Depending upon the rigidity of your roof the mirror may vibrate and reduce visibility.

Last edited:
   / Thoughts On Lining Up Bucket to Front End Loader
B26 ssqa bucket and backhoe qa buckets have flares or wings to help guide. Small tractor has a good site line anyway. They all should be made that way.

Bigger tractors I can’t see and often store FEL implements just inside the drip line of a barn or shed with uneven ground compounding the problem. Welding 1.5x0.5” flat bars on the sides at 45 degrees helped considerably. Attachment just want to jump on now. Greatly reducing time and frustration.
View attachment 771599
Grapple. Built with tight side to side tolerance that any unlevel up hook was hard.
View attachment 771600
Hitch plate. Added wings in build.

Just using a grinder and beveling the inside sides of the implement hitch helps some. Wings make it easy. Still have a few more attachments to fix.
Awesome!

/ Thoughts On Lining Up Bucket to Front End Loader #25  
My Westendorf SSQA bucket has a vertically angled guide at each end so that as the loader lifts up it forces the attachment sideways to align the pins.

/ Thoughts On Lining Up Bucket to Front End Loader #26  
I put the implements on the edge of a pallet at ground level, seems to give me the 3-4 inches required to clear the QA.

I have more issues with the 3 pt hitch

/ Thoughts On Lining Up Bucket to Front End Loader #27  
The very best I have found is this golf cart mirror. Red Hawk
We will see! I just ordered one.

It does look more straightforward to mount than the three I have used so far (though for two of my three I needed some side to side adjustability that this one does not appear to provide). For the ones I have used so far, which might have been truck mirrors now that I think about it, they required a bar to clamp onto. I bought a round bar and several stanchions to mount the bar to my canopy supports, and the mirrors to the bar. It's a very nice setup, but I fooled around for maybe a year trying to find a simpler cheaper way, and then spent way too much to make that work.

/ Thoughts On Lining Up Bucket to Front End Loader #28  
The 180ºview is about as wide as any mirror can go without big fisheye distortion. I used this mirror on my old tractor mounted to the front of the roof in the right corner. In this location the mirror wasn't filled with my face as it is when mounted in the center of the roof. Try to clamp it on in a different places when deciding where to mount it.

/ Thoughts On Lining Up Bucket to Front End Loader #29  
Huh. This is a problem I hadn't heard of before. The whole point of front loader SSQA is convenience, that definitely sucks if you can't see the brackets. Even if you stand up on the tractor?

Elevating the implements like the shelf idea should help. Mine are all usually on the ground and I can just drive right up and scoop em without hardly looking. Guess my loader design is optimal.

/ Thoughts On Lining Up Bucket to Front End Loader #30  
Huh. This is a problem I hadn't heard of before. The whole point of front loader SSQA is convenience, that definitely sucks if you can't see the brackets. Even if you stand up on the tractor?

Elevating the implements like the shelf idea should help. Mine are all usually on the ground and I can just drive right up and scoop em without hardly looking. Guess my loader design is optimal.
No my MX I can see one side when looking between the loader arm and he hood.