Walker's F Series Thread

/ Walker's F Series Thread #31  
Might want to switch to pink. I’m told the green causes cavitation.

/ Walker's F Series Thread
Time for a deep clean while i have the radiator and hood out of the way...

Attachments

• 20230507_121340.jpg
    20230507_121340.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
My little helpers showed up, have to add thier pic:

Attachments

• 20230507_122052.jpg
    20230507_122052.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 55
It definitely needed it:

Attachments

• 20230507_132020.jpg
    20230507_132020.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
  • 20230507_132009.jpg
    20230507_132009.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 65
   / Walker's F Series Thread #35  
In case you are planning to keep this mower for long time I would recommend checking out the frame area in-behind the fuel tank and especially behind the battery tray support.

Perfect places for moist grass clippings to collect.

/ Walker's F Series Thread #36  
Arto, I cleaned behind the battery and fuel tank areas the best I could, and yes both sides were packed with old grass. Luckily there are not any major rust problems in those areas. The battery tray has surface rust and may get repainted during future winter maintenance.

I drained the right side rear axle housing and the main housing, the fluid out of both was a little milky and very dark, good thing I changed it. The left side remains, I stripped the Allen head drain plug so will be ordering new ones for both sides. How I'll get the stripped one out... I'm not 100% sure.

I replaced the water pump with a cheap one from ebay, I hope I don't regret that decision in the future. It was a quick and easy job with the hood, radiator and the radiator shroud all already out of the way. The hoses seem to be in good shape so I am reusing them.

I relocated the hood handle to the center front. The hood isn't making full contact on the left side where the seal contacts, the whole thing is canted a little and I believe it may have to do with being opened from the same side many times. Opening from the center doesn't cause any offset stress.

Attachments

• 20230508_111509.jpg
    20230508_111509.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 53
  • 20230508_114800.jpg
    20230508_114800.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
   / Walker's F Series Thread #38  
Arto, I cleaned behind the battery and fuel tank areas the best I could, and yes both sides were packed with old grass. Luckily there are not any major rust problems in those areas. The battery tray has surface rust and may get repainted during future winter maintenance.

I drained the right side rear axle housing and the main housing, the fluid out of both was a little milky and very dark, good thing I changed it. The left side remains, I stripped the Allen head drain plug so will be ordering new ones for both sides. How I'll get the stripped one out... I'm not 100% sure.

I replaced the water pump with a cheap one from ebay, I hope I don't regret that decision in the future. It was a quick and easy job with the hood, radiator and the radiator shroud all already out of the way. The hoses seem to be in good shape so I am reusing them.

I relocated the hood handle to the center front. The hood isn't making full contact on the left side where the seal contacts, the whole thing is canted a little and I believe it may have to do with being opened from the same side many times. Opening from the center doesn't cause any offset stress.
Better start a new thread for that one. They tend to get long, such as 2094 posts. :LOL:

/ Walker's F Series Thread #39  

Walker,
I ended up removing the F3060 battery tray & made a completely new tray out of little thicker steel and after painting applied spray-on truck bed coating.
The new tray is close to identical of original, except it can be unbolted in future if needed.

Looks like you drained out some pretty nasty looking oil from the rear axle - the rear axle is fairly easy to remove, in case you need better access to the stuck drain bolt.

/ Walker's F Series Thread #40  

I had the same problem. Find a Torx bit that almost fits, then drive it in with a hammer. I apologize that I don't remember what size Torx it was. It worked like a charm. I almost didn't bother to replace it with a new one, but did replace it anyway.