welding carts

/ welding carts #81  
Hmm, that tough plywood should make some good kindling being near a welding operation.

Sure hope a tough plywood welding table is out of consideration, ha.

Nice looking cart.

Good luck, KC
If 3/4 plywood was painted with some aluminum paint it could make a good welding bench, right? Who needs steel?
Eric

/ welding carts #83  
If 3/4 plywood was painted with some aluminum paint it could make a good welding bench, right? Who needs steel?
Eric
🤣 That's funny. However, I do use a piece of plywood on sawhorses for my work table. The burn marks and charred gouges just add character.

/ welding carts #84  
I visited my favorite scrap yard about a week ago. The owner said people are hanging onto all the good scrap metal. He's getting things like scrap window ac units and basic metal junk. Not getting expanded metal, tubing, angle... I did manage to find one piece of heavy wall tubing I was looking for lying in the mud.

If you come across some useable metal, might want to get it.

/ welding carts
My deluxe welder is supposed show up on Tuesday. Of course I have no way to power it yet but I got my eyes open for used generators and see about getting a plugin installed. We are still in the midsts of winter here. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

/ welding carts #86  
🤣 That's funny. However, I do use a piece of plywood on sawhorses for my work table. The burn marks and charred gouges just add character.
I do the same, most of my torch and welding work happens on a pair of sawhorses. Just be sure to store them outside, when you're done for the evening. I've personally had wood flare up an hour after exposure, and thankfully I was still in the area to catch it. Real surprise, as I'd done the same thing 100 times before with no issue.

/ welding carts #87  
I vaguely recall reading that mig welding can throw sparks 35 feet which caused me to move my mig welder outside to a metal shed away from the house, and all of my welding is now done outside of that shed. I was lucky to find a metal top in the garbage dumpster and built a stand from bedframe rails to use as a welding table. Today, the garbage station people won't let you dumpster dive for anything around here even if it is in plain sight on the top of the heap.

/ welding carts #88  
Here is something different for the welding cart topic,,,

I have purchased several of these,, and cover my welders, plasma torch, and the pic is the cover for my CNC torch control.

Waterproof 600D Heavy Duty Boat Engine Hood Covers - Fit for Motor 115-225 HP​

controlCover.jpg

This cover is 600D fabric, which seems good for indoor use.
My CNC torch control sets on a plastic audio/video plastic cart that I had.
It is sturdy enough,,.
I hated worrying about the other shop projects getting dirt/dust. etc on the expensive electronics.
Sometimes the laptop is here, also, this cover will protect it also.

I have two welders, they both wear covers,, also.

These covers only cost $10 to $27,, cheap compared to constantly cleaning expensive equipment,,

/ welding carts #89  
I made this one from junk that I had laying around. The top is a piece of heavy gauge 12” c-channel. I don’t like small castor wheels on carts.

One of my old barns fell down on a big-wheeled dolly, making pretzels out of the handles, so I cut them off and used the remains for the back legs of the cart.

To move it in and out of my shop, I grab the 1” threaded rod on top (while wearing my welding gloves) and tilt it back on the big wheels. It rolls around good, even over steps and sort of large debris.

When the weather outside is good, I prefer welding out under the side porch, so that I don’t need to worry about sparks inside the building. The cart is out under the porch in the photo. My metal shop is thru the man-door to the left of the cart.

My arc welder sits inside, to the right of that door, with plenty of cable length to reach outside, and my oxygen and acetylene bottles are on another small cart, inside to the left, again with hoses long enough to reach outside.
2BCB9047-5D06-4ACE-84A9-A8641BEA65F6.jpeg

Last edited:
   / welding carts

I have purchased several of these,, and cover my welders, plasma torch, and the pic is the cover for my CNC torch control.

View attachment 794139

It is sturdy enough,,.
I hated worrying about the other shop projects getting dirt/dust. etc on the expensive electronics.

These covers only cost $10 to $27,, cheap compared to constantly cleaning expensive equipment,,

View attachment 794139

It is sturdy enough,,.

Good for keeping dust off.