What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #841  
*pulverizing* poison oak? that sounds lethal.
I usually pull it out (try to get as much of the running roots as I can, keeps it from coming back) and wash up quick, I'd be concerned that some juice would get aerosolized or something

I just changed the (drive) belt on our lawn tractor a couple weeks ago; jacked up the rear end and put a few blocks under the front wheels... and then still had to lie on the ground to do the job...
Yeah usually I use the backhoe to dig out as much of it as I can find but didn't have the time as I'm only there on weekends and there's a 3 hour drive each way. I pulverized the whole area and made sure I was wearing long pants and boots, and being very careful. Here's a shot of the area with the poison oak (which is reddish and to the right).

The Cub only has one belt and while I was under it I was wishing I had a better machine. It has spindles instead of bearings in several places, etc. That said, it's a simple machine and sometimes simpler is better.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 4.21.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 4.21.27 PM.png
    4 MB · Views: 100
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #842  
Besides changing the belt on the Cub I took down a fairly large dying tree that was in the way of the deer fencing project and I cleaned it up. I also sank the final 8 T-posts (153 total, 10' apart). Working by myself I fashioned a modified plumb bob to help me position the tractor over my mark and to help eyeball the T-posts plumb while driving them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 4.30.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 4.30.41 PM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 116
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 4.30.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 4.30.59 PM.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 104
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 4.31.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 4.31.15 PM.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 113
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #843  
Thanks Bob,
It is a little pricey, but it works!

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #844  
My wife and I just got done installing 600 feet of 3 rail Lodgepole pine doweled fencing to separate the pasture from our new house. This is the third home where I have used that kind of fencing. It looks great and works great with horses, but certain cows seem to love to rub on it (you'd best string a hot wire on the inside if you have cows). Wouldn't work at all for sheep or goats. I also like it because it is relatively easy to install and easy a human to crawl over. The two previous times I installed that kind of fence I used a 9 inch diameter auger powered by my 3 point. This time I finally got wise and bought a 13 inch diameter auger. That made things go so much easier! You don't have to be as accurate in placing the hole and the larger hole makes backfilling and tamping much easier. When I was younger I could easily install over 100 feet of that kind of fence in a day. Now I limit myself to 60 feet. Never saw a single rock (I love the Palouse!)

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #845  
There was a cylinder that Branson will send out under warranty. It is for the 20 series but I do not know how to tell which one. You might ask Dave if it is the one they are replacing at no charge. I do not think it includes labor.

Update,

I called the number that was from the link provided to me and it says to speak to Mike or Scott. I got Aaron on the phone and he said that there was no design change of the steering cylinder, isn't covered by warranty, and they don't deal directly to customers. Looks like I hit a dead end there. I'm now confused if I was given wrong info about these cylinders and if I ordered a replacement, it would be the same design and it would produce the same leaking problem.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #846  
@Aquamoose, I noticed you asked @Asteral on the other thread and that is exactly what I was going to suggest you do. He will point you in the right direction for sure.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #847  
The two previous times I installed that kind of fence I used a 9 inch diameter auger powered by my 3 point. This time I finally got wise and bought a 13 inch diameter auger. That made things go so much easier! You don't have to be as accurate in placing the hole and the larger hole makes backfilling and tamping much easier. When I was younger I could easily install over 100 feet of that kind of fence in a day. Now I limit myself to 60 feet. Never saw a single rock (I love the Palouse!)
I read somewhere that the topsoil there is among the deepest on earth.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #848  
I read somewhere that the topsoil there is among the deepest on earth.
Tens of thousands of years of deep grass growing and then turning into compost over the winter has resulted in some magnificent soil. The Palouse River drainage managed to avoid the massive floods from the last ice age that decimated much of the Eastern Washington landscape. During the first part of the 20th century some poor farming practices depleted a lot of topsoil, but even with that, it is still a pretty amazing geographic area. From what I understand, some areas of the Ukraine are very similar to the Palouse.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #849  
Finally did the replacement on the steering cylinder, outside of warranty. I did the write-up on the other page if anyone cares to look on what I did, tips, and pics of the process.

I also did the 500 hour service.

branson 4720H leaking steering any one every had that issue ? how to fix

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #850  
tempImageBmSUwx.jpg

The hose on my pressure washer was too short so I used the FEL bucket as an elevated platform. After washed the top off I stood in the bucket and washed the top sides. Wifey did the lower half of the tank from the ground. I'm getting the fiberglass water tank ready for paint tomorrow.