What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,931  
You're not buying multi thousand dollar parts. Go to the dealer.
You know the quality, the fit. No fiddling around or compromising.
Like the old man used to say, sometimes when you're cheap it costs you twice, once to learn, second time to do it right.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,932  
I guess it depends on your dealer.

If I went to my dealer for a part like the mower deck idler pulley I guarantee they would not have one in stock. They would have to order it. It would take a week or maybe weeks to come in. I would need to call them several times a week to see if it was in. They would probably mark it up even more for the special order and shipping.

Or I could order one online hand have it in 3 days without any hassle.

Don't get me wrong, my dealer is great when it comes to service. They will come out and work on my tractor, they will haul my tractor for little or no cost because I'm less than 10 miles away. But when it comes to parts they keep almost nothing in stock.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,933  
I guess it depends on your dealer.

If I went to my dealer for a part like the mower deck idler pulley I guarantee they would not have one in stock. They would have to order it. It would take a week or maybe weeks to come in. I would need to call them several times a week to see if it was in. They would probably mark it up even more for the special order and shipping.

Or I could order one online hand have it in 3 days without any hassle.

Don't get me wrong, my dealer is great when it comes to service. They will come out and work on my tractor, they will haul my tractor for little or no cost because I'm less than 10 miles away. But when it comes to parts they keep almost nothing in stock.
That is the basic situation I am in here. Dealer did not have one in stock, would have cost $25 to make it a priority and I still would have had to drive the hour one way to them.

I am just amazed at the price for an idler pulley. Yes, this is not your run of the mill lawn mower, but my deck is not of any higher quality than something like a high end zero turn. You can buy Idler pulleys for exmarks and dixie choppers for 1/2 the price.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,934  
Finished priming and painting my no weld grill/brush guard. Sprayed painted it with grey primer and then grey Massey Ferguson spray paint. Made this out of 1/2" threaded rods and scrap chain link fence pipes. I got the grill emblem off of Ebay.
20230523_115243_resized.jpg
20230523_122519_resized.jpg
20230523_122949_resized.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,936  
PJRAM, looks great. I am currently starting a similar project but It will be welded. Nice to see how someone else did it for ideas.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,937  
Nice one PJ, love it! I see how it tilts forward too, with the 2 retaining pins holding it in place, smart design.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,938  
Correction. So Lindstrom sold me the part for their online price then proceeded to email me after my order confirmation that that part number changed and it's now $24 more. Pretty crappy that they sold me something and then wanted more money for it once they marketed it at another price and even confirmed my order.
Hi, for future reference, 2 places you might find these parts or anything else for the GC:

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,939  
Hi, for future reference, 2 places you might find these parts or anything else for the GC:

used to use jacks a lot, prob 2500-3500$ a year for years. did lot of small engine repairs.
about 8 years ago they went downhill and often would charge you w/o shipping anything or would ship broken/incorrect parts.
many complaints at better business bureau

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,940  
used to use jacks a lot, prob 2500-3500$ a year for years. did lot of small engine repairs.
about 8 years ago they went downhill and often would charge you w/o shipping anything or would ship broken/incorrect parts.
many complaints at better business bureau
I bought something or other from them, don't remember what. Oils/filters for the Massey I mostly bought from Roudebush.