Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE

/ Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE #31  
The flat steel on all of our rake style Wicked Grapples is Hardox AR450, and we also use it where needed on the longer bottom models.

Also, the Wicked 55 and Wicked 60 features this horizontal Hardox channel which greatly increases it's ability to smooth while back dragging, and obviously also increases the Wicked grip ability.
Travis

View attachment 754039

What's so special about Hardox?

View attachment 754040
For 60hp Kioti which size would you recommend? And the images on your site don't show the new Hardox channel but I am sure you plan to update that.

/ Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE #32  
future_vision. The size and type are somewhat dependent upon what the MAJOR use for the grapple will be. I had/have no need to manage brush. I got a rock and root type. The width is not really that important. UNLESS you have narrow gates/passage ways to get thru.

No one can tell me that a 48" grapple is better than a 60" grapple or vice/versa - just because of width. What little brush/limbs I do handle could be managed as well with a 48" grapple as the 60" one I have.

My 60" grapple is just about the same width as the front tires on my tractor. If that makes any difference. It's definitely narrower than the 80" width of the rear tires.

One of the reasons I got the 60" is because it weighs - 820#. The 72" - 922# ..... the 84" - 1030#. I would have purchased a 48" model if they would have made one.

/ Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE #33  
i believe that my grapple is 54" wide, does everything that i need it to do

/ Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE #34  
For 60hp Kioti which size would you recommend? And the images on your site don't show the new Hardox channel but I am sure you plan to update that.

Easiest question I'll answer all day, man! 400 pound Wicked 60 is simply ideal for it.
Yes, it'll have the new horizontal Hardox channel. Nothin like er!!
Travis

KiotiNS6010downss.jpg

KubotaMXs.jpg

/ Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE #35  
future_vision. The size and type are somewhat dependent upon what the MAJOR use for the grapple will be. I had/have no need to manage brush. I got a rock and root type. The width is not really that important. UNLESS you have narrow gates/passage ways to get thru.

No one can tell me that a 48" grapple is better than a 60" grapple or vice/versa - just because of width. What little brush/limbs I do handle could be managed as well with a 48" grapple as the 60" one I have.

My 60" grapple is just about the same width as the front tires on my tractor. If that makes any difference. It's definitely narrower than the 80" width of the rear tires.

One of the reasons I got the 60" is because it weighs - 820#. The 72" - 922# ..... the 84" - 1030#. I would have purchased a 48" model if they would have made one.
Definitely brush as we clear but I also have the poor man's grapple (forks) to move that stuff. Same with logs I plan on milling. What my forks don't do well is move large piles, carry logs where the weight is not almost perfectly balanced, or dig through the dirt. And of course I don't have much accuracy placing large rocks at the moment although I guess when I get my backhoe that will change but who wants to have to set up the backhoe every time they move a rock? Rather grab and place gently and accurately with a grapple I think.

/ Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE
Update -- I actually decided to get a Kubota L3560LE instead of the L2501 (I don't know how to change the title of this thread though :) With the added lift capacity of the LA805 loader that will be arriving with my new tractor in a few weeks, I expanded my search for implements. I'm currently leaning toward an Armstrong Ag BGR-mini. It weighs 440 pounds, so heavier than some others but also very strong. Armstrong Ag is a local Texas manufacturer, and I can get one for under $2k and pick up from my dealer within 2 weeks. Not sure if any of you have experience with Armstrong Ag, but they seem to have a reputation for good quality according to the dealers I have spoken with.

/ Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE #37  
Update -- I actually decided to get a Kubota L3560LE instead of the L2501 (I don't know how to change the title of this thread though :) With the added lift capacity of the LA805 loader that will be arriving with my new tractor in a few weeks, I expanded my search for implements. I'm currently leaning toward an Armstrong Ag BGR-mini. It weighs 440 pounds, so heavier than some others but also very strong. Armstrong Ag is a local Texas manufacturer, and I can get one for under $2k and pick up from my dealer within 2 weeks. Not sure if any of you have experience with Armstrong Ag, but they seem to have a reputation for good quality according to the dealers I have spoken with.
I have the armstrong agg BGR-mini on my 5145, the BRG-M is rated for up to 30hp tractor but im abusing mine on my 45hp 7000# tractor with 3100# of lift. all in all i'm very happy with the BRG-M. the few points that I feel should be addressed are 1. I'm not afraid of bending a sub $2k attachment (serves as a fuse) to keep me from tweaking my $8K loader. 2. you can bend the clamshell if you pull agginst the cover, i normally pull 4 - 6" huisache trees up with mine but if you do not watch the angle on larger stuff and pull against the side of the cover you can bend it see photo. 3. there should be a piece of plate welded in to block stuff from poking thru the back side of the grapple and disengaging 1 side of your SSQA, if you notice it np if you don't and pull on something you can bend the SSQA mounting plate and or your loader SSQA brackets. keep in mind i'm not careful at all and intend to use my equipment (not abuse it but i do not take it easy on my tractor) i broke a set of front axel spider gears at 22 hrs using the BRG-M. in the end i used a porta power from HF to repair the clamshell and a sleg hammer to repair the SSQA bracket (it did not hurt my loader SSQA bracket, as intended).

in the hill country on the juniper trees that do not have a tap root like huisache you should be fine on pulling anything up to 6" out root and all.

oops sorry just realized that i had already posted most of this.

Attachments

• CARNAGE.jpg
    CARNAGE.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 79
  • die huisache die.jpg
    die huisache die.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 81
  • fixed.jpg
    fixed.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
   / Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE #38  
Update -- I actually decided to get a Kubota L3560LE instead of the L2501 (I don't know how to change the title of this thread though :)
Go to the first post and click edit, The title will show above the post. Highlight 2501 and type 3560LE

/ Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE #39  
I thin my young pine stands almost every spring. I thought the grapple on my M6040 might speed up this process. Actually - I have no problem pulling young pine - 1" to 6" on the butt.

The problem is getting this big horse of a tractor around in the stand and not knocking ALL the small trees down. I found that using the grapple actually takes considerably longer. Every young tree pulled must be taken to a pile and then have the root ball cut off. What am I to do with all the root balls.

I can go thru a stand with my chain saw and EASILY cut 3 to 4 small pines per minute. This leaves the root ball in the ground where it will, with time, rot away.

/ Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE #40  
Anyone ever consider HLA attachments?
I use their log grapple and bale spears with my farm tractors.
Good stuff-sold at real farmers equipment locations.
Well built & heavy duty priced reasonably.