which mig?

/ which mig? #11  
Just checked...

Where are Tooliom welders manufactured?

Canadian

TOOLIOM is a Canadian brand that is known for manufacturing high-quality professional tools. And one of the best tools is welders.

/ which mig? #12  
You can buy 4 diodes and covert AC to DC but pricey, later...

/ which mig? #13  
Again Chinese. Why go that route when your local Tractor Supply has a real welder in stock. We need to quit buying that stuff or soon we will all be eating raw fish with chopsticks. Myself, I prefer steaks.
Lincoln, Miller and Hobart make some nice equipment. I have an old Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC. The Hobart Multi-Handler 200 at $1500 would be a nice rig, but incidentally, is made in China for Hobart.
I couldn't justify $2-4,000 for the little bit of welder piddling I do.

/ which mig?
I just head from everlast who said the cyclone 200ES models are expected to arrive in 2 weeks so I'm back to getting there model. I like some features it has.

Last edited:
   / which mig? #15  
I had an Everlast and it would weld worth a darn. Returned it and bought an ESAB and it is an excellent machine and well worth the money.

/ which mig? #16  
Made up some pylons to support 2 conexs til I can get a slab poured; did about half of these with my MM252, the other half with some 14 year old 7014 and the Everlast Power iTIG 200T - after some time had passed, I couldn't tell which was which. Sounds like you mighta found a lemon, most of what I hear is positive... Steve

Attachments

• DSCN3357.JPG
    DSCN3357.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 75
  • DSCN3359.JPG
    DSCN3359.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 81
  • DSCN1514.JPG
    DSCN1514.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 80
   / which mig? #17  
Lincoln, Miller and Hobart make some nice equipment. I have an old Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC. The Hobart Multi-Handler 200 at $1500 would be a nice rig, but incidentally, is made in China for Hobart.
I couldn't justify $2-4,000 for the little bit of welder piddling I do.
Both my Hobarts are old enough that they were made here (I think down near Columbus, Ohio). Have no idea about the new ones actually. Have a Lincoln Inver Tig with a water cooler and it came out of Euclid, Ohio. I know, I picked it up at the factory.

/ which mig? #18  
Both my Hobarts are old enough that they were made here (I think down near Columbus, Ohio). Have no idea about the new ones actually. Have a Lincoln Inver Tig with a water cooler and it came out of Euclid, Ohio. I know, I picked it up at the factory.
Older Hobarts were Troy Ohio. Miller hasn't made Mig machines in the states for over 15 years. Some of the Dynasty board configuration is USA but most everything else including Bobcats are only assembled here. No-one is make a Mig machine in the USA anymore. Sad state of affairs I know.

/ which mig? #20  
I would be ware of any welder the uses a battery jumper cable clamp for work lead..... It's a real cheap item and it makes me question the quality of rest of unit.... IT would be first thing I would change if I were to buy unit...