Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #541  
Read more carefully. Cub Cadet was invented by IH. They didn't sell it to Cub Cadet, they were Cub Cadet. They sold the entire line, name and all to MTD. Read Cub Cadet's history.

Sold due to financial hardships. One of those hardships was the UAW.
Dog has the noggin of a …

He will not ever understand simple business principles

/ Will UAW Strike? #542  
Sold due to financial hardships. One of those hardships was the UAW.
That is your OPINION as it was not in the wiki. Bad business practices can also be a hardship.

/ Will UAW Strike? #543  
Dog has the noggin of a …

He will not ever understand simple business principles
Nah, just has bought in so far to the union storyline, he cannot fathom that it was more fantasy than fact. I know lots of people like that. Good people, but too trusting when they were young.

/ Will UAW Strike? #544  
Thanks for helping make my point. Scout had 10k workers to make only 500k trucks over a 20 year period. It was outdated manufacturing at its best. New manufacturing was here and IH died because they were slow.
Once again you know nothing of the subject……

10,000 employees was engineering, sales, forging for 4 manufacturing plants, machine shops for 4 manufacturing plants, the worlds largest truck plant, and 800 or so scout plant employees for two shifts!

You really need to stop before your ignorance gets you even further behind

/ Will UAW Strike? #545  
That is your OPINION as it was not in the wiki.
Ok, try this one. Read under Aftermath.

For those who want the shorter version:

The strike severely impacted the company's financial status. International Harvester lost $257.2 million in the second quarter, for a total of $479.4 million in the first half of the year, while sales slid 47.3 percent.[7][66] The company confirmed earlier rumors and put its Scout utility vehicle division up for sale to help cover the losses,[66] and by the end of April 1980 was forced to take out loans which increased its short-term debt from $442 million to a staggering $1 billion.[7][67]

/ Will UAW Strike? #546  
That is your OPINION as it was not in the wiki.
Wiki is “someone’s” opinion, not necessarily ANYONES fact…

Lol how often do we find errors in wiki???

/ Will UAW Strike? #547  

The strike severely impacted the company's financial status. International Harvester lost $257.2 million in the second quarter, for a total of $479.4 million in the first half of the year, while sales slid 47.3 percent.[7][66] The company confirmed earlier rumors and put its Scout utility vehicle division up for sale to help cover the losses,[66] and by the end of April 1980 was forced to take out loans which increased its short-term debt from $442 million to a staggering $1 billion.[7][67]

Sorry Torvy, I assumed in my haste reading this on my phone at the docs office it was dog posting……

I lived it, I do not need to read about it!

Almost every time you post some thing, you just confirm what I’ve already said or show your ignorance, one or the other

Last edited:
   / Will UAW Strike? #548  
When are you going to learn?

I lived it, I do not need to read about it!

Almost every time you post some thing, you just confirm what I’ve already said or show your ignorance, one or the other
Um, this one confirms your version.

/ Will UAW Strike? #549  

Also....it sounds like management had a serious problem too if you keep reading:

On January 20, 1982, the UAW rejected Harvester's request for concessions because McCardell had just given $6 million in bonuses to salaried employees.[2] But with the firm's financial condition rapidly worsening, the UAW opened negotiations in March 1982.[2] Negotiators reached a tentative agreement nearly two years to the day after the 1979–1980 strike ended, giving Harvester $200 million in wage, benefit, pension, and other savings over three years.[2]

On May 3, 1982, one day after the UAW ratified the concessionary contract, Archie McCardell was fired by International Harvester.[2] Although McCardell asserted he had resigned, industry and press observers said that he was fired.[1][6] Time reported that the company's 16-member board of directors met in a two-hour meeting over the weekend.[68] Pushed by the company's debtor banks, the board finally agreed to fire McCardell.[68] "The real wonder was that McCardell had not been ousted much earlier," Time said.[6

/ Will UAW Strike? #550  
Archie was as big a problem as the UAW was and where do we see such issues in todays world??

1696278044910.png