Wood splitters

/ Wood splitters
Appreciate all the comments, went ahead this morning and ordered the timberwolf tw3 with a table grate. For what I do and how I do it this will work just fine for me. On a side note the dealer is bought it from is a farmer. So definitely the type of person id rather deal with anyhow

/ Wood splitters
Hey Darren33 ! I just wanted to put in that I've been using a 3 point hydraulic 25 ton log spliter for over 20 years with no problems & I bought it from Northern Tools & you can split wood horizontal or vertical & I prefer vertical that way I just roll the rounds into place & there is no real heavy lifting & while it is rather slow it is reliable & steady & yes I have another newer tractor that does not have to be committed splitting wood & it has a fel on it so I an bring rounds over to the wood pile & also stack if need be & as far as rounds they are allot easier to roll into place than lift.View attachment 716275View attachment 716275View attachment 716276View attachment 716276
The nice thing with the tw3 splitter I bought is it comes with a seperate hydraulic tank and pump that runs off the p to shaft which makes it much quicker.

/ Wood splitters #63  
The nice thing with the tw3 splitter I bought is it comes with a seperate hydraulic tank and pump that runs off the p to shaft which makes it much quicker.
Sounds great & I hope You get allot of safe trouble free years out of your new implement ! Have fun & be safe doing it.

/ Wood splitters #64  
I’ve bought over the years Honda powered equipment from Northern and just checked splitters and many show in stock.

My little 22 ton with 3.5 hp Briggs keeps up just fine for the average 4 cords of Oak each year and trailers well.

I use vertical because easy on back if not pants…

Biggest issue is keeping all the screws snug which really isn’t a issue…

/ Wood splitters #65  
I like the TW but I would need a TW-3HD and 6k is just too much for 6-8 cords/year.
I think the SuperSplit is more in line with my wallet and needs.
When I was spitter shopping the TW and SS made it to the top of the short list. IMO both are top rated machines and made in the USA. Sure if you get into the processing machines the field expands dramatically. I was looking at machines in the 3K range, not 6.

One thing I know for sure. If I had to run the machine my neighbor uses about 7-800 feet away I'd put a bullet thru it.
Holy ol dog bite is that thing loud. Its so loud I can hear it over my tractor idling while standing right next to it!! No wonder he only runs it for 30-45 mins then does something else for the day.

/ Wood splitters
Outta curiosity, why the HD model? I bought just the regular TW3 with the table grate. Not an overly huge fan of a 4 way wedge in my own opinion, and didnt see a need for the log lifter as if its that big of a piece the nice thing with the 3 point hitch you can just drop it down lower.

/ Wood splitters
Also, when I say bought it mean ordered lol. As with most anything currently theres a pretty good wait time. I was told probably February or March which is perfect since I wont truely need it until spring so it'll give me a some time to get my hoses setup and ready to go

/ Wood splitters #68  
Outta curiosity, why the HD model? I bought just the regular TW3 with the table grate. Not an overly huge fan of a 4 way wedge in my own opinion, and didnt see a need for the log lifter as if its that big of a piece the nice thing with the 3 point hitch you can just drop it down lower.
I called the company and told them 18-20" diameter maple and oak. Typically seasoned not green. That is what they suggested. I know they are trying to make a buck but I also know that on occasion, I may get one a bit bigger and if one falls across the drive, I will be cutting it up green. That might still be overkill but that is why.

/ Wood splitters #69  
I REALLY like the Timberwolf 4-way wedge, it makes splitting a LOT faster.

The HD is a stronger heavier duty splitter that I believe will take a little longer wood.

SR

/ Wood splitters
I have used my dads regular tw3 numerous times with some of the nastiest wood you can imagine. Definitely wouldnt hesitate if I were you to look into the LD version. Its either 24 or 25 inch blocks the LD one will take which im definitely good with that lol. I can always add the 4 way later on if I feel I want it. Its actually nicer than alot of the other non hydraulic 4 ways I've seen as I see it just slips on and off. For sure wanted that table grate tho im tired of having to bend over for every piece lol