Your last generator Maintenance Run

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,381  
How would you upgrade that exhaust ?

Rgds, D
you wouldn't just seems rough for how nice the machine is, but i assume with how much work was put in, this generator may have a ton of hours

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,382  
My little portable got a good workout this week, power was out from 9am Mon till 9am Thurs. Put 26hrs on it in that time, found out the check valve for the well pump is bad which made it cycle every 15min or so, not good for the pump or gen!

We just moved and had a 17kw standby at the old place, the new place has a 30amp gen panel.

Picked up the portable over the summer after we moved, really glad I just did all the maintence last month!
1302686428.jpg

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,383  
how many hours on it? exhaust looks a bit rough for how nice the machine itself is
The generator had around 1000 hours on it when I bought it. With out looking at it, it might be around 1100 now. The exhaust also has about 100 hours run time.
All the pipe is new and welded and I think you need your eyes checked. 😉
Maybe you don't recognize the funny looking thing just off the motor, it's a vibration isolator that allows the motor vibrations some wiggle room without bothering the pipe.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,384  
I think he might have been referring to the manifold/muffler and how it looks more aged then the generator? Exhaust looks good, did you have to make the extra bend to clear the garage door?

From dealing with outdoor gens I can say the exhaust side definitely ages much quicker then the rest of the unit.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,385  
Yes the muffler is absolutely original. I'll apologize here to him if that's the case. 👍
I didn't even consider the muffler as they all look like that after a few hours.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,386  
First of the week, the 22kw got a bit over 6 hours run time when a tree took a line down. No surprises, it cranked up around 5:30am & ran til 12:30 or so. Not enough snow to worry about clearing (4" ).

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,387  
The generator had around 1000 hours on it when I bought it. With out looking at it, it might be around 1100 now. The exhaust also has about 100 hours run time.
All the pipe is new and welded and I think you need your eyes checked. 😉
Maybe you don't recognize the funny looking thing just off the motor, it's a vibration isolator that allows the motor vibrations some wiggle room without bothering the pipe.
yea bud, i was talking about the exhaust manifold and muffler, not your brand new piping coming out of the shed...lol, guess I come off dumber then I thought...

Last edited:
   / Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,388  
all our exhaust pipes should be so shiny..... :) :)
my first reaction was that's a nice slant tipped end, worthy of a car.
Maybe a nice Borla dual tip exhaust option??

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,389  
all our exhaust pipes should be so shiny..... :) :)
my first reaction was that's a nice slant tipped end, worthy of a car.
Maybe a nice Borla dual tip exhaust option??
That's my attempt to keep the rain and any small birds that might try to get in. 😆
I can't think of any insect's that we have that will be a problem.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run
#5,390  
My little portable got a good workout this week, power was out from 9am Mon till 9am Thurs. Put 26hrs on it in that time, found out the check valve for the well pump is bad which made it cycle every 15min or so, not good for the pump or gen!

We just moved and had a 17kw standby at the old place, the new place has a 30amp gen panel.

Picked up the portable over the summer after we moved, really glad I just did all the maintence last month!
View attachment 728219

Chance favours the Prepared (y).

I saw a news-ticker somewhere this week talking about notable snow in DC.... didn't catch other news feeds on that, but as I recall, snow down your way is a big deal....

Any gen, in a big outage makes a huge delta (V) :cool:.

Rgds, D.