Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,842  
1511498530961.jpg1511498561591.jpgcomplete with co-pilot

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,843  
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #2,844  
Dump trailer sized perfectly for the baby Bota. Can't get enough big boy toys!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 201
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 228
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #2,845  
I've never seen a bathroom scale that reads over 300 pounds. Even with a lever arrangement that's unpractical.

I have never seen a bathroom scale that reads over 300 pounds either!

Go to Google: "Bathroom scale to calculate tongue weight".

I did not begin to suggest that this tongue weight calculation method is convenient for frequent use, but for occasional use, it is quite acceptable.

"blackrams" I have a 14K bumper pull,.... this tongue weight calculation method will obviously also work for a gooseneck.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,846  
Where I come from, that's called experience...........:drink:
Been towing for about 50 years, I'm pretty confident about how I load and secure. I know that look and feel.

Do you also use "experience" to determine your tire pressures, or do you use a tire pressure gauge?

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,847  
Do you also use "experience" to determine your tire pressures, or do you use a tire pressure gauge?

I've gone by looks plenty of times. I also ignored the pressure rating and put 80 psi in the rear tires of my dump truck.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,848  
I did not begin to suggest that this tongue weight calculation method is convenient for frequent use, but for occasional use, it is quite acceptable.

"blackrams" I have a 14K bumper pull,.... this tongue weight calculation method will obviously also work for a gooseneck.

Just for information purposes, that 300 lb. scale would be worthless (crushed) after I place the hitch of my gooseneck on it. I'm also not saying that your scale method is not worthy of intermittent use for a bumper pull trailer. But, with experience, eventually the person doing the hauling will develop the knowledge and feel for where that load needs to be placed to ensure an acceptable tongue weight.

May I ask, just how much experience you have with gooseneck trailers? Regardless of what bumper pull trailer you use, the tongue weight empty does not begin to compare with that of a gooseneck.

New to this forum. I see it can get a bit "snippy". Or am I being a bit sensitive?

As a matter of fact, I rarely use a tire air pressure gauge. When I have, I'm normally within a couple of pounds or the desired AP. But, I also know what my tires should look like when the trailer is empty and when it's at max load.

Last edited:
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #2,849  
Just for information purposes, that 300 lb. scale would be worthless (crushed) after I place the hitch of my gooseneck on it. I'm also not saying that your scale method is not worthy of intermittent use for a bumper pull trailer. But, with experience, eventually the person doing the hauling will develop the knowledge and feel for where that load needs to be placed to ensure an acceptable tongue weight.

May I ask, just how much experience you have with gooseneck trailers? Regardless of what bumper pull trailer you use, the tongue weight empty does not begin to compare with that of a gooseneck.

New to this forum. I see it can get a bit "snippy". Or am I being a bit sensitive?

As a matter of fact, I rarely use a tire air pressure gauge. When I have, I'm normally within a couple of pounds or the desired AP. But, I also know what my tires should look like when the trailer is empty and when it's at max load.

Had a gooseneck for many years....loved it!

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,850  
My gooseneck has duel jacks so you could 2 scales. The tongue weight is more than 600 pounds empty though.