Massey Ferguson 1528 4.70 star(s) (12)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Massey Ferguson 1528.
Under 25 HP Tractors
1704758549.jpg

About the Massey Ferguson 1528

Massey Ferguson 1528 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent 1528 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (12)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Massey Ferguson 1528 Subcompact Tractor
75 %
17 %
8 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
razor8181

1528 Massey Ferguson
Best Tractor
Model Year: 2010

I have used a John Deere 2320 with a 62d mower deck for 1 year. I had a lot of problems with the deck and the company so I decided to buy a Massey. Its overall a better tractor. There is more power than JD. It's more comfortable to operate and just a great tractor. I would highly recommend my Massey over JD any day.The dealership (Java Farm Supply) is a lot more helpful than the JD dealers (3) that I dealt with.

Pros: Everything.
Cons: None.

5.00 star(s)
razor8181

1528 Massey Ferguson
Best Compact
Model Year: 2010

I had the chance to work on a JD 2320. Had broke 5 belts on the mower deck the first year and JD would not stand behind there equipment. So I went to Massey. Compare the 2 side by side and what a difference between the 2. Massey is structurally better, material used on the Massey is thicker, and I cut the same property and not one problem in 390hrs with the Massey. Over-all I would tell anyone looking for a compact tractor GO TO MASSEY !

4.00 star(s)
olchevy

1528 Massey Ferguson
1528 Massey
Model Year: 2006

Read Pros-Cons.

Pros: Manuevers well, always starts, plenty of power for size, will do all I want it to do.
Cons: PTO has (in my opinion) a flaw in the design of the case. The inside of the middle case holds a bearing that the pto shaft runs through. This is bearing is pressed into the housing, the casting broke that holds the bearing. This resulted in what would have been a $6000 bill but the dealer reduced the bill by $1000. Quite an expensive fix. What I thought to be a heavy duty designed tractor by using cast iron didn't turn out to be for me. I have an old Ford 841 that has been used for over 50 years and never this kind of a problem. And yes I still would tell you to buy. Just buyer beware.

5.00 star(s)
fredncstate

1528 Massey Ferguson
Compact Tank
Model Year: 2007

Massey built the 1528 like a tank! It is only a 28hp tractor, but built like an upper 30 hp tractor from other brands. It is quieter than either a JD 790 or a NH 1520. It has more features for the same price as JD. The only complaint I have is that it could have a little more PTO hp, but because it is a hydrostatic the parasitic loss in the driveline is higher robbing the PTO hp, only has 22 PTO hp from a 28 hp engine. Which is more than double the normal 10% difference between engine and PTO hp. Even though it has lower PTO hp, it pulls a 5' bush hog, 4' tilller, or a 5' aero-vator just fine. Very happy with this tractor, hopefully many more enjoyable hours to come.

Pros: Build quality, quiet, open platform.
Cons: 3 point hitch is low (like other compacts), kind of narrow tread width for working on hills.

5.00 star(s)
tom1528

1528 Massey Ferguson
Massey Ferguson 1528 for Snowblowing
Model Year: 2009

Looking for a compact tractor for snowblowing, primarily, and other chores on a small country property. I considered Massey, Kubota, and New Holland. I will admit to being biased toward MF, and that's what I bought---a 1528 hydrostatic. The tractor was nearly mint with only about 4 hours on the clock. It came with a 60" mid-mount mower and is on turf tires. The 1528 now has a Massey 1410 63" snowblower and Curtis cab. Still to be installed are a windshield wiper, cab heater, and a defogging fan. It has more than 30 hours of blowing snow now, and has performed mostly very well: after one blizzard I (eventually) got it through a drift nearly as tall as the cab. On lesser amounts it chews through without working too hard. We've had record snow this spring. I can't imagine living in rural North Dakota without a good snowblower. Even without heat, the Curtis cab has been comfortable, although noisy compared to a factory cab, but I always wear ear protection. Reliability has been 100%, although of course it's still young. Downsides are few, but a bit annoying: my main beef is the lever-operated differential lock. It can be very balky to engage and is awkward to use. A pedal (as on the gear 1528s) would be far superior; this is an odd design choice. Getting the PTO lever in and out of gear can be balky, as can the front-wheel-assist lever, but both will go in without too much coaxing. Other than that, a great, tough tractor so far. I was worried it would not be up to really heavy snow, but so far so good. On balance I am very well pleased with this tractor. It's the right shade of red, too.

Pros: Power, handling, dashboard PTO switch, hydro-static transmission.
Cons: Balky diff-lock lever, balky 4WD lever.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
NHLocksmith

1528 Massey Ferguson
My 1528
Model Year: 2005

I was looking at used machines when we saw this unit. I wanted a tractor with a backhoe for projects at my place and small jobs. I can't believe how much power this tractor has for a small 28 HP unit as I used to run much bigger machines before retiring. I also use the tractor in the winter when we have snow too heavy for my snow blower and have never had a problem with starting. The tractor uses about 5 gallons of diesel all winter.

Cons: Haven't found one yet.

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
wayneeymann

1528 Massey Ferguson
Used Tractor
Model Year: 2008

HST is creeping in reverse. Makes gear changes impossible and likewise locking the posi. Standing on the forward HST pedal while driving on the road is tiring. Imagine all day ploughing a field.

Pros: Easy to get on and off of either side. Wonderful engine.
Cons: Hate the HST tranny.

5.00 star(s)
Noel Olebos

1528 Massey Ferguson
Tough Little Tractor
Model Year: 2007

4wd hydrostatic 1520 loader GB600 rear blade Rhino GX 500 box Value Leader 6" chipper (Jinma Clone) Absolutely no problems since purchased. Operates all implements well. Reliable (well maintained and kept indoors).

Pros: Reliable. Low maintenance.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

1528 Massey Ferguson
Steve's Toybox
Model Year: 2008

I purchased this tractor new. I needed to do some landscaping in a newly purchased home and.I ended up testing the limits of the tractor. I purchased a six foot backhoe attachment for the 3-point hitch so I could remove trees and bushes. I purchased a power tiller, cultivator, and row makers for a garden. I have a rotary cutter to clear brush at the lake, and I have just put front bucket teeth and a brush grappler on the 1520 loader. My wife says I am a cowboy. If I can't do it from the seat of my tractor, it don't get done. I believe every man needs toys. This MF 1528 is a toy in my toy box.

Pros: With the quick hitch, it is easy to use and cheap to operate
Cons: Need to have ability to spread the wheels wide

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

1528 Massey Ferguson
Best Tractor For The Money
Model Year: 2006

I looked thoroughly at all of the major brands. At the time, I wanted a hydrostatic tractor. My brother-in-law, who has worked for John Deere for over 20 years, told me to avoid them. He stated they had lots of repair issues and robbed a lot of horsepower. I really liked the Massey because the deck was all open (no shifters and levers to trip over or get stuck on). I bought the Massey and never regretted it. It has lots of power and will out-lift my brother's John Deere and my neighbor's Kabota of equal size. I don't like the loader bucket because it is wide and short. I can't fit much in it. I'm looking to upgrade to a narrower and taller bucket. But other than that, I would buy another one just like it. It is small enough to haul on my flatbed trailer, and large enough to run a 5-foot brush hog, lift up a car, or drag anything I hook up to it.

Pros: Does everything I ask it to
Cons: Wide and short quarter-yard bucket

[ad placeholder]

Massey Ferguson 1528 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Massey Ferguson 1528s

Massey Ferguson 1528 Community Rankings

#110 user rating of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#65 Viewed of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#14 discussed of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#788 user rating of 27027 items overall
#703 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall