Stump Grinder Woodland Mills WG24?

/ Stump Grinder Woodland Mills WG24? #91  
You're going to get those stumps one way or another. I have see this one and it does look like it would work.

A couple of things I've noticed. It would appear the tractor would need position control on the 3 point. I am leary of any attachments being directly coupled to the pto shaft. If the chipper suddenly stops, and there is no shear pin or gear box, the only place for that energy to go is straight to the tractors gear box.

Hopefully someone has one and offers some input...

Included with the WG24 Stump Grinder is a slip clutch style PTO shaft.

wc68-wood-chipper-12.jpg

/ Stump Grinder Woodland Mills WG24? #92  
Well, mine arrived today. Now if I can just get time to unbox it and use it... :)

/ Stump Grinder Woodland Mills WG24? #96  
Congrats on the purchase, I'm looking forward to seeing vids and reviews of you using this on your machine.

/ Stump Grinder Woodland Mills WG24? #97  
Here are the pics!

20161023_124000.jpg
20161023_124713.jpg
20161023_131337.jpg

Below, note that the float had to be used on my quick hitch as the height between the lower link to the top link was not quite the same as on my quick hitch.
Part of this issue is because the unit wants to lean back and away from the tractor.

20161023_135511.jpg

On the front end, there are square post legs that you use when storing it. The legs actually slide all the way up into the receiver so they're not in the way while using it.
20161023_135605.jpg

The deflector plate has to be installed:
20161023_155539.jpg

Place for a chainsaw - it's a clamp with rubber side to sandwich the blades.
20161023_155639.jpg

The shaft is a slip clutch. The length was just right out of the box for my tractor. I did decide to slip it just in case.
20161023_140513.jpg

I took it out for a quick test run on my BX25. Bit of a learning curve to it as you have to gauge how deep it is in the ground when you lower it. I did manage to completely stall my tractor once as I had it too deep. Obviously, I took it out for a test run but it was just old small stumps that I've had to mow around for a while. Didn't get any decent pics of that as it was getting dark.

/ Stump Grinder Woodland Mills WG24? #98  
Interesting. I wonder if the slip clutch needs to be adjusted down for your tractors hp so it doesn't stall the tractor. Looking forward to the pics.

/ Stump Grinder Woodland Mills WG24? #100  
Hello all. First post here. A google search of this grinder brought me here. Got the call that mine should arrive tomorrow (monday the 24th). Tracking was a little odd which gave more questions than answers. I recently sold a vermeere sc252 walk behind that made absolutely no sense in my case. Too many stumps in too many far away places. Might as well bring camping gear along when you get out there a ways with a walk behind. Hopefully this thing will do the trick.