Oil & Fuel Fuel cans

/ Fuel cans #1  

Smokeydog

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, M59, M5030DT
IMG_2027.JPG

Like the no-spill diesel fuel containers. Even my wife can fuel the little tractor but doesn’t like to. The bad part was holding the button down. 5gallons took 2-3 minutes to drain. Added these vents.

ZOOYL Gas Can Vent Caps Retrofit Kit 6 Packs, Enhances Flow for Faster Refills, Universal Fuel Tank and Gas Can Replacement Vent Valve Made of Durable Stainless Steel with Attached Silicone Rubber Cap https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VH2ZL1...abc_T7P0EXR2HVQBDW8NV2R8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Now can drain 5 gallons in 30-40 seconds. Not a single drop spilled.

Also retrofitted some jugs for the bigger tractor.

Had a bulk tank for awhile when farming more. Maintenance, filters, additives, draining, algae all cost time and money too. Use 80-100 gallons per year lately. Went back to jugs. Maybe switch to 55gallon drums? Hoisting jugs is kind of a barometer to keep tractoring.

What ever bulk tank you use, a pressure/vacuum vent is necessary for storing fuel around here. Keeps your fuel dryer. Surprised how many tanks I see with just a rain drip vent.

/ Fuel cans #3  
Still looks to be too heavy for me. I've taken to doing it 2 gallons at a time.

With 5 gallon container, I first sit it on the hood and put a syphon in it to take most of it out before pouring the last in.

/ Fuel cans
But does the NO-Spill still shut off with added can vent as its designed to do with spout vent?

That’s a good question. It’s so controllable I have no trouble filling to the top without spilling with or without the vent. Haven’t challenged if flow would stop at nozzle.

/ Fuel cans #5  
I put the can in the bucket, raise it as high as I can reach, then run a siphon hose into the tank.

/ Fuel cans #6  
That’s a good question. It’s so controllable I have no trouble filling to the top without spilling with or without the vent. Haven’t challenged if flow would stop at nozzle.

I’ve never had any luck with the no spill shutting off as claimed. You just have to let off the button.

/ Fuel cans #9  
View attachment 720283
Like the no-spill diesel fuel containers. Even my wife can fuel the little tractor but doesn’t like to. The bad part was holding the button down. 5gallons took 2-3 minutes to drain. Added these vents.

ZOOYL Gas Can Vent Caps Retrofit Kit 6 Packs, Enhances Flow for Faster Refills, Universal Fuel Tank and Gas Can Replacement Vent Valve Made of Durable Stainless Steel with Attached Silicone Rubber Cap https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VH2ZL1...abc_T7P0EXR2HVQBDW8NV2R8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Now can drain 5 gallons in 30-40 seconds. Not a single drop spilled.

Also retrofitted some jugs for the bigger tractor.

Had a bulk tank for awhile when farming more. Maintenance, filters, additives, draining, algae all cost time and money too. Use 80-100 gallons per year lately. Went back to jugs. Maybe switch to 55gallon drums? Hoisting jugs is kind of a barometer to keep tractoring.

What ever bulk tank you use, a pressure/vacuum vent is necessary for storing fuel around here. Keeps your fuel dryer. Surprised how many tanks I see with just a rain drip vent.
This is what I have:

/ Fuel cans
There are some new nozzles that are absolutely impossible to use without spilling. Have retrofitted some old and new jugs to large flexible nozzles readily available. Maybe not legal in some states but not spilling fuel is important to me. The particular brand of jug in the picture works good for the smaller tractor. Two handle design helps lifting.

Not having to support the jug till most of the fuel is transferred helps my old joints.