Any IBC Tote Trailers Out There?

/ Any IBC Tote Trailers Out There? #31  
An option I've seen offered is "baffle balls": Baffle Ball | Parts & Accessories | Enduraplas

...which makes me wonder if a whole lot of wiffle balls could work as baffles in containers (like IBC totes ...tend to see 6" inlets around here) where the inlet size might be smaller than the offered baffle balls.

Just casually searching it seems there are also other add in baffle designs (Surge Busters ) that may end up being as cheap or cheaper(?) than buying wiffle balls......

I may have to dig into this more for my own curiosity at some point..... unless someone here has used them? - or is using them?

/ Any IBC Tote Trailers Out There? #32  
re baffles - Only once in ten years have I felt more than tiny inertia with the IBC trailer in my photos, above.

I consider it a non-issue so long as I maneuver cautiously, and since the trailer outweighs the tractor I am cautious to not create an inertia situation.

The one time I came roaring down my haul path and turned sharply at the first tree I intended to water (so I was loaded 100%), the trailer pushed me heading for a slow speed jackknife. I steered past the tree I had intended to water instead of continuing to brake - with no consequences. That's the only incident ever.

I suppose there have been some instances of a 2/3 full tank sloshing and pushing, but nothing significant, nothing I remember. If you're concerned, then think like a Semi driver, where you drive the trailer instead of focusing on the tow vehicle. You'll be fine. All this assumes low speed of course. Driving on pavement would be a whole different world with its own rules.

/ Any IBC Tote Trailers Out There? #33  
Fill the tank with slotted hose.

Bruce

/ Any IBC Tote Trailers Out There? #34  
Baffle balls do work, least ways on a large scale. We had bought, DOT, a used milk tanker for hauling brine, partially filled it was a bear. When you started spreading and the level fell it was dangerous, bought a bunch of baffle balls I think if I remember right it was over $10K worth. Took a weekend for three guys to assemble them as they were shipped flat in three?? pieces I think it was, and throw them in the tank. It helped considerably..........Mike

/ Any IBC Tote Trailers Out There? #35  
Get a bigger tractor with forks, use an existing HD trailer or custom build a trailer for your totes.

I use my totes as rain barrels and move them around with the tractor.