Snow Any way to plumb a B7100 for a heater?

/ Any way to plumb a B7100 for a heater? #1  

Travelover

Elite Member
Tractor
B7100
I'm going to drape a golf cart enclosure over the canopy of my B7100 and I was thinking that it might be neat to add some heat. I realize that it has no water pump, but I can pick up an automotive electric auxiliary water pump off eBay for about $50, a heater core for $15 and add a pancake computer fan for another $10.

So, my question is: Is there anywhere to conveniently tap the cooling system to get some hot water?

I added a temperature gauge by inserting a copper tube into the upper radiator hose and I guess that I could add a nipple there and do something similar to the lower radiator hose, but if there is an easier path, I'll all ears.

/ Any way to plumb a B7100 for a heater? #2  
I'm going to drape a golf cart enclosure over the canopy of my B7100 and I was thinking that it might be neat to add some heat. I realize that it has no water pump, but I can pick up an automotive electric auxiliary water pump off eBay for about $50, a heater core for $15 and add a pancake computer fan for another $10. So, my question is: Is there anywhere to conveniently tap the cooling system to get some hot water? I added a temperature gauge by inserting a copper tube into the upper radiator hose and I guess that I could add a nipple there and do something similar to the lower radiator hose, but if there is an easier path, I'll all ears.

Shows how much I know, I thought all water cooled engines had a water pump. How does the whole radiator thing work without something to circulate the water?

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Any way to plumb a B7100 for a heater? #3  
If you are going to use a golf cart enclosure, why not look at a golf cart heater? They run on small tanks of LP. I've got a cab on my B3030 and rarely use the heater. Between the green house effect from the glass and body heat, I stay pretty toasty.

/ Any way to plumb a B7100 for a heater?
If you are going to use a golf cart enclosure, why not look at a golf cart heater? They run on small tanks of LP. I've got a cab on my B3030 and rarely use the heater. Between the green house effect from the glass and body heat, I stay pretty toasty.
Yea, I may end up there, but thought I'd see if I was missing anything.

/ Any way to plumb a B7100 for a heater? #6  
Most diesels have a 17 mm block drain and a 17mm air vent on top the thermostat. Could hook up a circulating system between them.

Ralph

Most diesels have a 17 mm block drain and a 17mm air vent on top the thermostat. Could hook up a circulating system between them.

Ralph
This has a thermostat?

/ Any way to plumb a B7100 for a heater? #9  
Close in the sides so the fan blows back into your cab.:)

Close in the sides so the fan blows back into your cab.:)
I'm looking at that possibility. I could block the exhaust side screening and make a passageway rearward on the intake side with some sheet metal......hmmm.