Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor?

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #111  
I am still using X-10 with a Sundowner to turn on my lights for the last 30 or so years. Never missed a beat. Also just got some new/old X-10 Chimes for use with the trigger module to connect to the driveway system. Guess I don't have too many noisy PSUs. Handy to get driveway alert in various buildings. I am still trying to find a paging system I could use for that purpose.

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #112  
Here's one we have: Dakota Alert Wireless Rubber Hose Transmitter, Model# DCHT-25 | Northern Tool + Equipment

Uses the old fashioned air hose like service station alarms used to have. Just activates a transmitter working on 9v battery to transmit to the house.

We have 2 of them: 1 for the driveway and another for the mail box.

Our mail box is about 500 to 700 ft from the house. Just have to replace the battery about once/yr.

Very reliable. Tried another type before. Didn't work well.

Ralph

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #113  
How did you get from the mighty mule to your network?
What are you using for input module to your network? I have not been able to find what I consider a cost effective input module. The output side is easy. We are using x-10 signals now and it is problematic. The mighty mule receiver does not have an output for a relay coil like the gaurdline did. We went a crossed the speaker output on the mighty mule and was able to get to trigger an x-10 module. How did you do it? It worked 10 years ago and what we have been using since.
The cost on the network output device has come down and time to look at different system. There are certain power supplies that mess with the x-10 signal. That is really annoying. time to look at changing.
thanks

I used a photosensitive sensor module powered by and interfaced to a LabJack USB I/O module. I got a pack of ten of these sensor modules for about $10 from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N1FKS4L/). I used the digital output of the sensor to transmit changes in the state of the LED on the Mule to the LabJack. The Python program sends alerts to my phone via the PushOver service (pushover.net). It also sends a command to my camera system to trigger the cameras looking at the driveway in advance of the vehicle coming in sight. If it is night time, the camera system send a command to my X10 system to turn on the front flood lights and front porch lights. Hope this helps!

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #114  
I used a photosensitive sensor module powered by and interfaced to a LabJack USB I/O module. I got a pack of ten of these sensor modules for about $10 from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N1FKS4L/). I used the digital output of the sensor to transmit changes in the state of the LED on the Mule to the LabJack. The Python program sends alerts to my phone via the PushOver service (pushover.net). It also sends a command to my camera system to trigger the cameras looking at the driveway in advance of the vehicle coming in sight. If it is night time, the camera system send a command to my X10 system to turn on the front flood lights and front porch lights. Hope this helps!
thanks,
looked at the Labjack, i have three different locations I want to input to the network on so the labjack gets expensive. I am actually looking at these.
Sonoff TH 1/16 - ITEAD Wiki and inputting fixed resistance values. Round numbers they are $10 a piece. Your digital sensor got me thinking. Looked/tried x-10 but I have to go a crossed/through a transformer to other buildings. Where our network goes from building to building.
thanks again.

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #115  
truckdiagnostics - X-10 can be finicky on transmitting its signals, especially if there are multiple panels, noise on the line (yes some power supplies cause this) or an additional transformer.... although not as price friendly you could look at Pulseworx which uses UPB technology to communicate over the electrical wire. They have a Split Phase Repeaters & Split Phase Couplers to overcome such issues & should be able to overcome the transformer issue. They also have a module allowing X-10 signals to communicate to & from their devices so you can mix & match..

I did a lot of X-10 back in the day (started 20+ yrs ago), still have a bunch of it on my shelves, for lighting control am currently certified for Pulseworx, Lutron (Ra, Ra2, Homeworks), Vantage & Centralite lighting control systems & the one thing I can say about X-10 is either you have great results with it (like industrial Toys) or you are chasing demons... Pulseworx just works better... if there is an issue they have the work around. I have residential sites that have over 220 controlled loads in multiple building & if designed correctly work flawlessly... Just another option for UPB lighting...

For control options you could also look at Global Cashe & Control By Web they both offer very reliable hardware with Web Interfaces built-in (not inexpensive but very reliable).

I have a Dakota Alerts MURS system (we are also dealers for) with 2 probes in our driveway (little over a 1/2 mile long) which work great, zero false alerts. I use their base stations N/O contact relay to signal our ELANg home automation system, then based on events / status / time of day, I can trigger different events such as lighting, email notifications, camera snapshots ect....

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #116  
Any time I ever tried to promote X-10, even going back twenty or more years, I had nothing but problems. Now, if I tried to have my tractor or truck warm on a cold morning relying on X-10, I bet you, they would be stone cold! It only works well for me, because the application is totally non-critical. And then it works flawlessly.

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #117  
Any time I ever tried to promote X-10, even going back twenty or more years, I had nothing but problems. Now, if I tried to have my tractor or truck warm on a cold morning relying on X-10, I bet you, they would be stone cold! It only works well for me, because the application is totally non-critical. And then it works flawlessly.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I completely agree... if I installed it for someone as a "nice to have" = great solution... X-10 is not close to prefect.... Pulseworx.. very, very close... we do a lot of it here in New England as most of our installs are retrofit... & it is easy to retrofit...