Battery powered chainsaw

/ Battery powered chainsaw #272  
Funny thing. I have a corded electric Stihl that has an oil reservoir and it does not leak oil. I have a Stihl pole saw that doesn’t leak oil.

Every regular chain saw I have ever had leaks oil.
Yes, and I have a few corded saws, and you actually have to pump oil when you need some on the chain. I have a pole saw too, but it works like a sawzall, not a chain.

My brother and I cut logs. We keep a Stihl pole saw just to trim the limbs off after we load a log truck. Especially if it's long pulpwood. Usually that is smaller, crooked, junky wood.

But I had the opportunity to fill in at a place because their mechanic had to be out a few months. I sent eight crews out each day. They burned five gallons of two stroke oil each crew per day, six days a week. Did I ever learn how to keep two strokes going. One day a week I'd mix up a five gallon can of Top Fuel for each truck. After that, I hardly ever had two stroke problems.

Attachments

• IMG_20221228_165516.jpg
    IMG_20221228_165516.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 76
   / Battery powered chainsaw #273  
Have a 12 inch Dewalt. Works awesome and got the small size to keep in the ATV"s for those times you come across a downed tree on the trail.
Still use my big gas saws for firewood though.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #274  
I found my brush photo so let me know if anyone cares to see it. Maybe in a new thread?
I'd like to see it....do you still use oil, as well as brush it out? I tend to clean my gas Stihl out when I have to change the chain....and it's a gummy mess, oil, sawdust, chips etc.... Love that easy pull Stihl❤️

/ Battery powered chainsaw #275  
I'd like to see it....do you still use oil, as well as brush it out? I tend to clean my gas Stihl out when I have to change the chain....and it's a gummy mess, oil, sawdust, chips etc.... Love that easy pull Stihl❤️
The brush is just to clean the chain cover and bar grove out. All my saws have oil tanks and pumps. I'll start another thread about this.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #276  
I'll have to say I'm favorably impressed with my Harbor Freight battery chainsaw,
after our heavy wet snow brought so many limbs and trees down in the driveway that little saw did a good job dropping them. Much easier then trying to get my older gas power saw started after it has been sitting untouched for over a year.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #277  
I have a Stihl. I also have their blower and string trimmer. They each use the AK series battery. I am very satisfied with all.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #278  
I bought into Lowe's 24V battery line of brushless tools when they came out. Later I bought the 24V chainsaw and I was very pleased. Perfect for clearing small trees out of the fence line and limbing. I have an assortment of gas chainsaws and use them as needed but the little Kobalt is always in the back of the ATV. No gas/oil needed and just pull the trigger.
Kobalt 24V 12-In Chainsaw Kit

/ Battery powered chainsaw #279  
I have a couple of mini battery saws by Makita and do like them. One of my criteria'a was it have automaitc chain oilers and these do.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #280  
I have a couple of mini battery saws by Makita and do like them. One of my criteria'a was it have automaitc chain oilers and these do.
Does anyone make chainsaws that don't have automatic oilers anymore?