Battery powered chainsaw

/ Battery powered chainsaw #291  
Love Ryobi's stuff, but their 14 inch chain saw sucks. The 40v battery often cuts out. Gotta wait about a second before restarting it.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #293  
I'm pleased with my Harbor Freight Atlas 80V chainsaw it has been doing a good job and cuts quite a bit on a charge. I don't buck anything up for firewood I just cut it into 10-15' pieces to shove over the bank.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #294  
I have had good luck with my Ryobi 14 inch saw.Picked it up used for $75 with bat and charger

/ Battery powered chainsaw #295  
I was considering a Milwaukee saw due to already having batteries. I'd only use it to keep ATV trails open. The local fire dept. uses them and although they don't brag about them they do say that they are adequate for cutting holes in roofs and several of the guys have bought them for light home use.

I won a Milwaukee Hatchett one handed saw 12v in a raffle and am impressed with it's small size and big heart so far.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #296  
different makes / models have their lot in life. Just be honest on what you want them to do and buy appropriately.

don't ask them to do more than what they are designed for and all is good.

convenient, low maintenance, lighter duty use they are great. (I have a stihl AP and love it, I had a dewalt but felt it was ruining my batteries so I gave it away)

professional, all day use, working in my woodlot simply not appropriate.

Just like a lot of electric cars. Great for city use, a pain for cross country use unless you have extra time on your hands, and if you try to work it hard (tow) or in very cold climates expect battery life to suck.

Last edited:
   / Battery powered chainsaw #298  
Already have EGO batteries, and some other tools, so I am going to eventually buy either the 16", or the 18" EGO chainsaw.

Does anyone who owns one or the other, or preferably both, have an opinion on whether the 16" is adequate for occasional use, (storm clean up, etc), or should I just spend the money, and buy the 18"?

I'm not planning on felling trees with it, but I guess you never know either.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #299  
Safe bet is to add tools to the brand you already have batteries and charger…

My 14” Stihl does a lot of work as does Stihl battery pile saw…

Larger chain requires more power so smaller could be better.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #300  
Already have EGO batteries, and some other tools, so I am going to eventually buy either the 16", or the 18" EGO chainsaw.

Does anyone who owns one or the other, or preferably both, have an opinion on whether the 16" is adequate for occasional use, (storm clean up, etc), or should I just spend the money, and buy the 18"?

I'm not planning on felling trees with it, but I guess you never know either.
Have used both. The 18" is significantly more powerful than the 14"/16" (which were the same but for the bar). No matter your use I do not believe you will ever regret the 18". I borrowed a 16" before buying the 18" and am glad I only borrowed it.