Battery powered chainsaw

/ Battery powered chainsaw #71  
I haven't fired up my gas saw since I bought the 60v greenworks. Keep the chain sharp(just like a gasser) and it's amazing. Cut up a 33" diameter fallen pine tree with it. The saw will cut longer than I want to with 2×5ah batteries and is able to charge the spare before the other battery runs out. Not saying they are for everybody but they probably will work well for more people than are willing to admit it. (Gas or die'ers)
Exactly. So with two batteries you can cut all day if need be.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #72  
I have some very old 9.6v makita tools that still work.
Bought aftermarket batteries recently to keep them going as my spare.
There are also places that will rebuild battery packs for the major brands. Not cheap, but last time I looked wasn't too bad.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #73  
   / Battery powered chainsaw #74  
I had a Black and Decker 18V cordless - Meh... Chain speed too slow, snagged. My son n law bought a 12" Stihl, it worked okay, but unusually small chain. I bought a Husqvarna 14", and I'm very happy with it. I have yet to run the battery flat in light use. Among the many things I like, if it's not sawing, it's not running. No need to start it when you're up a tree, or deep in the brush, just pull the trigger and cut.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #75  
I have the wen brand 40 volt chainsaw , pole saw , blower, and weed eater. they all came with battery and charger, The chainsaw battery is heavier and holds a charge longer, these all were bought online and have worked great , I spent 4 hrs this past saturday cutting trees and brush fron the levee on my lake, I cut down 3 10 inch poplars and cut them up and dozens of smaller willows on one battery,

/ Battery powered chainsaw #76  
Good thread. I have 3 chainsaws and a brush saw; but have been thinking about an electric saw for some time. It would be nice to carry in the cab of the truck for when I encounter a tree across the road. In the time it takes to warm my gas saw up the tree can be gone, or any other small job which doesn't involve a lot of cutting. I've been eyeing the Echo CDS-5000, it has an 18" 3/8 chain and the same 5 year warrantee as all of my gas Echo products. 👍

Just a word of caution though; while I won't run a saw without safety chaps, an electric has enough torque to cut right through them.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #77  
Good thread. I have 3 chainsaws and a brush saw; but have been thinking about an electric saw for some time. It would be nice to carry in the cab of the truck for when I encounter a tree across the road. In the time it takes to warm my gas saw up the tree can be gone, or any other small job which doesn't involve a lot of cutting. I've been eyeing the Echo CDS-5000, it has an 18" 3/8 chain and the same 5 year warrantee as all of my gas Echo products. 👍

Just a word of caution though; while I won't run a saw without safety chaps, an electric has enough torque to cut right through them.
Do they make any chainsaw chaps that will work with battery chainsaws, I have looked on line and I cannot find any ?

/ Battery powered chainsaw #78  
Do they make any chainsaw chaps that will work with battery chainsaws, I have looked on line and I cannot find any ?
I don't believe so, you just need to be more careful. I try not to need them anyways, but nobody plans an accident. ;)

/ Battery powered chainsaw
I used my friend's Ryobi battery powered saw today. I really like it and the idea of not having to keep the gas saw running, or re crank it when I stop cutting and do something else for a few min. I also have that coupon to use by the end of the month. So......

I already own a Ryobi battery pole saw I bought last yr and really like it for cutting the low hanging limbs, so I can get my cabbed tractor around the area.

If I really need a gas saw, I have two here at the farm to get the real big jobs done.
Husky 55 rancher 20'' bar
Husky 372xp 28'' bar

This battery saw will come in very handy around the farm for the smaller stuff.
No fuel lines to replace, and no carb to foul up, And, I won't have to start it up and run once a month just to keep the gasoline from going bad, or gumming up the carb

/ Battery powered chainsaw #80  
I have the Oregon 40V chainsaw, along with the trimmer, lawnmower, pole saw and 2 blowers. I am getting rid of all my small gas lawn tools.