Battery powered chainsaw

/ Battery powered chainsaw #441  
The best way to jump charge a battery is to take it apart, and test and boost the individual cells.

Barring that, jumping voltage across the entire pack will also charge the cell(s) that are lower than the rest, hopefully getting them close enough that the charger can balance them.

If the cells have been too low for too long, they'll be damaged, and may not take or hold a charge again, or just have lower capacity.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #442  
I’m hoping deciding on Stihl battery platform proves wise in the long run in that the platform remains and continues to be refined.

That said the Stihl line definitely isn’t in the voltage race which is fine by me as long as it is reliable and does not become obselete.

DeWalt and Milwaukee have tremendous variety in their battery tool lines…

With 3 Stihl batteries at the ready I would be interested in more offerings outside traditional forestry and landscape…

I imagine a Stihl AP battery to make a great portable cell or laptop charging source…

/ Battery powered chainsaw #443  
A mini at work.
mini0759.jpg

/ Battery powered chainsaw #444  
Dolmar already went this way and stopped making gas ope. Husky closing another plant in US that didnt do saws and said it was moving it overseas to battery stuff. They are all gearing for it.

Did you notice your electric bills lately? Dec 2022 was paying 5.5 cents kw, June 2023 7.5 cents a kw. July 2023 12.6 cents a kw. ;) Seems they are planning on making a buck off us doubling for all this charging stuff. 🤯 :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
   / Battery powered chainsaw #445  
Dolmar already went this way and stopped making gas ope. Husky closing another plant in US that didnt so saws and said it was moving it overseas to battery stuff. They are all gearing for it.

Did you notice your electric bills lately? Dec 2022 was paying 5.5 cents kw, June 2023 7.5 cents a kw. July 2023 12.6 cents a kw. ;) Seems they are planning on making a buck off us doubling for all this charging stuff. 🤯 :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Devil in the details as batteries requiring charging...

This month I'm at 33 cents kW on a $30,000 commercial bill...

Residential rates much higher especially the 4pm to 9pm.

I recharge my battery tools outside peak use rates.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #446  
Exactly what we do now, not only battery tools but everything that consumes the ever increasing cost of provided electricity. My wife only does the laundry and dries the clothes (electric dryer) during off peak hours which in our case is between 7PM and 3AM. Same with the ac. On a set back t'stat. Dinner (electric induction stove) is now later as well.

We have handily managed to hold our utility bill pretty constant doing that.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #447  
The natural gas component keeps increasing... $90 last month... home use electric I keep in check...

/ Battery powered chainsaw #448  
Devil in the details as batteries requiring charging...

This month I'm at 33 cents kW on a $30,000 commercial bill...

Residential rates much higher especially the 4pm to 9pm.

Wow 33¢/kWH! where is that? I thought we were high here in VT.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #449  
The natural gas component keeps increasing... $90 last month... home use electric I keep in check...
No NG here, never has been because it's not financially practical for any utility to run a pipeline because the density of users is very sparse. Only 3 houses on this entire road and I own 2.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #450  
Wow 33¢/kWH! where is that? I thought we were high here in VT.
It's actually considered cheap here...

PGE in California.

High cost utility continues to drive solar installs... always seeing a new one going up in the neighborhood.

Home Battery packs becoming popular with incentives if in conjunction with solar install.

I believe it would be a great breakthrough when your EV batteries can supplement home power simply by the flip of a switch.

Wonder how many chainsaw batteries it would take for home power?