bucket tooth bar: EA wicked root ("continuous tooth") vs standard tooth design

/ bucket tooth bar: EA wicked root ("continuous tooth") vs standard tooth design
I have several implements to level, fill, smooth pasture land. HD Rhino rear blade - LPGS with scarifiers - ROBB with scarifiers.

You notice - I have NO implements for the FEL to do this job. I have a grapple and bucket for the FEL. Neither is designed to do this job. OK - the bucket can scoop up loose material and move it. You have a good chance to damage the FEL if you start using it to dig compacted soil.

To smooth and level a chunk of land. Start with the ROBB - scarifiers down. This will loosen the top layer and allow the ROBB to collect and move soil to the low areas. Then the LPGS - scarifiers UP - this will finish it off - smooth as a pool table.

If I were looking for one implement to best do your job. Box blade with scarifiers. A home made "drag" like I have will smooth the surface. The "drag" has a rope yoke and is pulled with my ATV. Notice - the "drag" has a smooth side and a toothed side.
What are ROBB (_ _ box blade?), LPGS?

/ bucket tooth bar: EA wicked root ("continuous tooth") vs standard tooth design #12  
ROBB - roll over box blade. LPGS - land plane grading scraper. The ROBB allows me to mechanically change between standard box blade or scarifiers. LPGS - perhaps the simplest land engagement implement made. Side boards with angled heavy duty angle iron( two chunks) across/between the side boards.

This is the only pic I have of my LPGS. As soon as the batteries charge up in my camera I'll post a better pic.
IMG_0008.jpeg

/ bucket tooth bar: EA wicked root ("continuous tooth") vs standard tooth design
ROBB - roll over box blade. LPGS - land plane grading scraper. The ROBB allows me to mechanically change between standard box blade or scarifiers. LPGS - perhaps the simplest land engagement implement made. Side boards with angled heavy duty angle iron( two chunks) across/between the side boards.

This is the only pic I have of my LPGS. As soon as the batteries charge up in my camera I'll post a better pic.
So the ROBB does forward-scraper and reverse scraper ... but in scarifier mode the tines are behind the blade?

/ bucket tooth bar: EA wicked root ("continuous tooth") vs standard tooth design #14  
The ROBB is always, in my case, used in the forward motion. You use either the box blade OR the scarifiers. You don't use them both at the same time. Here is a better picture of my LPGS - GS2584.
IMG_0210.JPG

And a pic of my ROBB. It's in the box blade mode now. Pull that black lever - sticking straight up - and it will roll over to the scarifier mode. Bush Hog - RO-720.
IMG_0004.jpeg

/ bucket tooth bar: EA wicked root ("continuous tooth") vs standard tooth design #15  
Roll over blades are less common than box blades, heavier and more expensive than regular box blades. I suspect the weight helps them dig more and withstand the stress of digging.

Compare a roll over blade against any toothbar on your FEL bucket. There are reasons why roll over blades are built this strongly.

The ROBB is always, in my case, used in the forward motion. You use either the box blade OR the scarifiers.
Trying to make sure i understand how this is different/better than a box blade: If you are not using the "reverse direction scraping" feature (I wouldn't either, that seems marginal unless you have a really tight space; even then, FEL + float?)

so the only difference (if you use forward-direction only) is that you can't use the blade behind the scarifiers to smooth the newly-chewed up ground?

With a box, you can already lift the scarifiers ... but when using the scarifiers, I would think you DO want the blade behind to smooth. At least that's sometimes a big positive; and at worst it's no difference?

Is the only advantage here you can flip it from driver's seat? (with a box blade you'd certainly have to dismount to raise the tines)?

/ bucket tooth bar: EA wicked root ("continuous tooth") vs standard tooth design #17  
The "Roll-Over" part is not necessary. Any normal box blade with rippers can rip and move dirt. Only difference is you may need to get off the seat to adjust the top link to rip more or less or move the rippers up or down.

/ bucket tooth bar: EA wicked root ("continuous tooth") vs standard tooth design #18  
Yeah, with a regular box blade that doesn't have hydraulically lifted and lowered rippers, the process of engaging and disengaging the rippers is get off the tractor and move each one of them by hand. I have 5 on my 60" box blade and it's just not a task you look forward to. It's not exactly hard (although it could be if your rippers were much heavier than mine, and your arms much weaker..) but its not comfortable or fun either. The ROBB looks sort of fantastic from the standpoint of being able to switch the rippers 'on and off' very easily, plus unlike a hydraulic setup it doesn't require you to have that hydraulic circuit or hook up anything extra (maybe a rope??) to use that feature. I definitely see its merits.

I usually leave my rippers at the setting which is about level with the front blade in the box, and then determine how much im using them by tilting the box with my power top link. If i tilt the box forward the rippers engage more and the rear blade lifts up and mostly disengages. When the box is level the scarifiers will catch and break up high spots as you pass over them. When you tilt the box rearward the rippers lift up from the ground, but while the front blade of the box is still close to the ground, that angle is mostly for 'dragging'/smoothing as it doesnt cut when tilted up like that.

But, even with the box tilted forward as far as my top link will tilt it, im only engaging the rippers about 2-3" down. If I wanted to go deeper than that I'd have to get off and manually move them to a lower setting, at which point the rest of the box blade ceases to be anything but a 'ripper toolbar' until i move the rippers back up again.