Carolina Implement Grapple?

/ Carolina Implement Grapple? #13  
I'm not a fan of using threaded bolts as bearing pins for the lid. What other shortcuts did they take? Mild steel tube for the chassis?

/ Carolina Implement Grapple?
Is that Ted's new business??? :ROFLMAO: 🤪 :whistle:
I haven't been following implements for some time. Can I assume that this relates to EA?

I'm not a fan of using threaded bolts as bearing pins for the lid. What other shortcuts did they take? Mild steel tube for the chassis?
Good eye. That kind of observation is the type of input I was looking for. I wonder how hard it would be to source the correctly sized pins to replace the bolts?

/ Carolina Implement Grapple? #15  
I haven't been following implements for some time. Can I assume that this relates to EA?

Good eye. That kind of observation is the type of input I was looking for. I wonder how hard it would be to source the correctly sized pins to replace the bolts?
Those bolts are a little different, the ends are dimpled. Without looking closer, they could be pivot pins.
That grapple sure looks like this one
Looks heavy duty enough for what your tractor can put behind it. Does it really matter who built it, for repairs it’s mostly generic parts and weld and paint if needed. 2k (or better), price is pretty good for todays market.

If really concerned, maybe local dealer would give manufacturer (maybe importer) phone #?

/ Carolina Implement Grapple?
Good find. It appears to be identical right down to the stickers. I wonder if these are just being imported and sold under multiple brand names?

As you stated, anything can be fixed with a welder as long as the steel is decent quality.

/ Carolina Implement Grapple? #18  
That looks quite rugged; stout was mentioned prior, I think that's a good assessment from afar.

Yes a stout build is Good, also the Company "Stout" grapples, but most of them are built for skid steers and are grade 50 or 70 steel. and can are between 500 and 1000lbs. Made in USA.

Family member has one on a Bobcat 250 tracked skid steer and it has been plenty tough

Last edited:
   / Carolina Implement Grapple? #19  
Good find. It appears to be identical right down to the stickers. I wonder if these are just being imported and sold under multiple brand names?

As you stated, anything can be fixed with a welder as long as the steel is decent quality.
In the link I added, the 3rd picture shows a Carolina and HD-(?) sticker. Again, maker or importer to me, wouldn’t be that important. If I was buying a bucket for a 100hp+, I’d want to try before I buy. Without doing something dumb, this grapple looks well put together and is a pretty good deal. Would I back drag using the upper teeth, no. Would I wrap a chain around the upper and pull, no. Would I push /pull a tree using the upper, no. Picking up trees / brush, junk, old fence posts, yes.

/ Carolina Implement Grapple? #20  

My first grapple was a single lid unit I bought online. Used bolts for pins and the holes for the pins were cut using a flame torch. POS. Re-welding broken buttered welds covered with globs of high hide black paint is good fun.

I'd recommend checking it out in person before dropping cash.