Diesel Generator off grid

/ Diesel Generator off grid #1  

Dan Lamb

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 2400h TLB/ cab
Good afternoon gentlemen,
I live off grid in Northern Ca and I am in the prosess of building my Solor System , this is my starter system for now AS we are moving in 2 years, a magnum 4024 lnverter, with magnum mini box ,Outback charge controller to be purchased , 8-210 ah lead batteries and 9 325w panels .I have Priced a Kohler propane generator that I don`t want to buy but ITS all set up for off grid systems. I would much prefer a diesel generator but they are hard to find in the 12 to 14 kw range and use half the fuel a propane or gas generator would use at 1800 rpm diesel .Do any of you TBN gentlemen know of any good sites or places to find one , I have been looking for months on Internett and Craigslist .
Thanks to all - Nor Cal Dan

/ Diesel Generator off grid #5  
They are all over the place on E-Bay. I have a 12 KW Onan with Isuzu power, amoung a host of others in my collection. Very nice running unit.

/ Diesel Generator off grid #10  
I just bought from Central Maine Diesel, they were easy to deal with and fast shipping. A runner up was Hardy Diesel located outside of San Diego. There are many possibilities in the KW range you are looking for.