Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #137,771  
69 high of 94 very humid again today

Still feel tired today, had tomato sandwich for dinner very good

Prayers for those in harms way along gulf coast our military everywhere

Ripe tomato sandwich is one of my very favorites.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,772  
83F and sunny @ 11:30, HI 96F, DP 72, heading up to a high of 87F.

WU is now calling for heavy thunderstorms to develop this afternoon with rainfall amounts as much as 2" - 3", 100% chance of rain ... wee-oh baby ... :rolleyes:

Glad I spread most of that milky spore on the upper part of the lower front ... although if we really get that much rainfall, I doubt where I spread it will make much difference ... particularly if it happens in a relatively short period of time.

Before that happens I have around 15 bucketloads of compost I set out to dry some a few days ago that I will try to get run through the screener to replenish the pile of screened material.

Other than that, I'll be looking for work that I can do in the shade until the rain arrives.

Rich, you're probably gonna get hit in the next two hours ... cluster of thunderstorms moving your way out of Columbus.

Got fall bulb order placed last night, along with another order at a different place for three other varieties of hostas.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #137,773  
66°F and .05 inches rain.

Switching gears today. Yesterday’s tile clean up went well and tomorrow I’ll redo the shower drain and do the grout. That should make it worthy of a pic.
Today will concentrate on mechanical maintenance, mowers and hopefully my golf cart which is getting a new carburetor. Margeaux sure looking quite at home 🤙🤙

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #137,774  
Got about half the compost screened before I started feeling raindrops.

It's now pouring.

There will be no need to water anything for a while if this keeps up ... :LOL:

/ Good morning!!!! #137,775  
almost three inches of rain predicted from Ida on Wednesday.

of course they are now predicting 20 inches for New Orleans area
looks like a serious storm for East coast

hmmmm, looks like it's going right over my head Thursday morning

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #137,776  
Kyle, JD X390 least expensive one with power steering
only 10 inch rear wheels (they are fairly wide) is fine for just mowing but if you want to do anything else with it, might
consider a basic 5 series. They go 3 5 7 in size, think BMW...
Likely a good bit less money if you don't need power steering, which makes this thing super easy to drive though.
Drew, I like the X394 model with the all wheel steering.....but too much $$$ for me. It is close in price to a nice zero turn. A used tractor might just be your best avenue. I just spoke with Deere salesman at church. He says that they are out or low on most midsize machines, and just forget about anything with a cab. He said the 6000 series cabbed machines don't show availability until next April!!!
62F high for today 68F afternoon quick shower.

Good day for outside chores...spruce tree area and front field trim and mow,while mowing Mrs.waving her arms and pointing at the stack wood pile :oops: and there laid Boo sound a sleep 1pm,glad Boo got nap in because I didn't. :(

I very very seldom complain about restaurant meal but how in heck do you screw up mash potatoes mushroom gravy $17 steak tough enough use for boot sole,almost wanted to drag my tongue on the lawn and my stomach has distance thunder storm sound.

Well try keep my eyes open enough watch some NASCAR and share bowl ice cream,

enjoy your evening all.
Sorry about your crappy meal. Many restaurants are struggling right now. Hope you don't need some "Boo B Gone"...

BEF, you do a lot for your church. Glad they have someone with your talent to help them. Hope your message helped many.

Don, it looks like many of the tempest weather stations on the coastline are not reporting. Prayers for those in Ida's path. They probably just wished they only got some inches of rain.

We got another inch of rain yesterday. Our pastures are green in late August, a fairly rare occurrence.

I started a thread for the HPX Gator in the ATV section, more thoroughly cataloging what I've done. I checked the valve clearance last night...all good. New fuel pump is pumping aplenty. No gas getting in the crankcase. All good, but with the darkness, I did a shadetree spark check with the plugs just laying on their respective heads. The rear cylinder is hit or miss, while the front seems great. I just ordered a new $82 coil to see if it might fix the spark for that cylinder. If that doesn't work, next is new $330 ignition module (which I replaced in 2016). Why the rear cyl spark is intermittent, I don't know. I cleaned the 2 spade connections, and retried it, but no change. The service manual from Deere is over $200....Ouch.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #137,777  
74F and partly cloudy @ 16:00, rain has stopped.

Out of the two closest PWS', the one is reporting 0.09" of precipitation and the other reports 0.45".

I'd say the latter is closer to what we got, but we may have gotten more than what they report.

At any rate, it was a good soaking.

I don't think the catch basin that drains the lower front overflowed, but it may have been close to it. There was enough runoff that we had a little stream running through the yard on the east side.

Gonna go fill the sprayer and the 65 gallon tank and enjoy the cooler outside temps ... :)

/ Good morning!!!! #137,778  
Weirdest thunderstorm ever yesterday evening. I was having a snooze and this incessant booming woke me up. I thought the wife was doing something outside but then she wandered in and said it was a storm. No wind, just a massive boom every 10 seconds or so, A large cloud was rapidly moving overhead all by itself. NO lightning at all. As it moved on whoosh, down came a torrent or rain for about 10 seconds, then it was gone. Strangest event I have experienced. Lasted about 1/2hour all up then silence.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,779  
Kyle, I can't drive a zero turn due to arthritis in hands but if I could, I sure would.
I think zero turn market even more competitive, lot of models from residential to prosumer to commercial.
Sometimes you can find a good deal on a used one from someone who just wants the latest model, bigger engine, something.
Boy they go quickly though.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,780  
rsw, we got maybe 10 minutes of decent rain, then light rain for maybe 20 minutes, then it was over. Had a lot of really dark clouds, thunder, and lightning, but the actual storm was pretty mild.

But the temperature did drop 16 degrees in about 10 minutes which was nice