How can I hook this up to my tractor

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #11  
On the farm almost all of the equipment is drawbar pulled. It seems to me that it is the main 3 point equipment users are the homeowner, gardener, compact tractor owner.
The main reason we have hitches like the one pictured is that the tractor drawbars are too thick to bolt a trailer ball to,
so the hitch works for the tractors to handle ball or clevis trailer hitches as well as gooseneck trailers.
I have had a few thousand pounds of tongue weight on my hitch pulling a self loading log trailer through fields and wood roads.

Edited; we have limiter chains to prevent the 3 point from lifting too high from the trailer actions

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #12  
I would never hitch even a moderately weighted trailer to my 3 pt. That's what the draw bar is for.
I agree with this also.
You could use check chains on the 3 point hitch, but why bother when the draw bar is right there.

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #13  
Do you have a better picture ? Without seeing a picture of the rest of the device it’s pretty hard to guess how to attach it to your tractor .
I’ve never seen this sort of attaching manner. Do I need to just cut it off and weld on a standard receiver?
It’s attached to a large water container
Thank you

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #14  
Your info shows that you have a Kubota L2501. It should have a rigid drawbar item #10 that you would connect to.

1671393341947.png

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #16  
Watch your turning radius. If you turn too sharp it may be possible to bind up the hitch, then something has to give. Whether that means the trailer skids sideways, the tractor tires churn up the turf, or the pin bends/snaps is anyone's guess.

I have a small cart I sometimes hook up to the three point drawbar on my BX. When I forget the turning radius it usually just means the cart is slid sideways. You look to have a lot more weight to consider.

Doug in SW IA

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #17  
On the farm almost all of the equipment is drawbar pulled. It seems to me that it is the main 3 point equipment users are the homeowner, gardener, compact tractor owner.
The main reason we have hitches like the one pictured is that the tractor drawbars are too thick to bolt a trailer ball to,
so the hitch works for the tractors to handle ball or clevis trailer hitches as well as gooseneck trailers.
I have had a few thousand pounds of tongue weight on my hitch pulling a self loading log trailer through fields and wood roads.

Edited; we have limiter chains to prevent the 3 point from lifting too high from the trailer actions

There are a lot of ag implements attached by a 3 point hitch. Around where I am is a big hay and cattle area. There are a lot of 3 point mounted disc mowers used to cut hay around here. I see more of them than there are drawn caddy-mounted mowers, trailed mowers, or mower-conditioners. Many of the utility tractors will have a rear 3 point bale spear as well as the spear on the loader for moving bales. Guys that unroll bales to feed rather than use bale rings will have a 3 point bale unroller if they don't have a hydraulic bale bed in a pickup. Also, there are a lot of 3 point mounted grain drills and broadcast seeders used to renovate pastures. There are quite a few 3 point brush hogs used to cut fencelines and ditches and such as well. Some of the trailed mowers are semi-mounted and thus use the lower 3 point arms. Many sprayers are 3 point mounted too.

Most of the really big rowcrop equipment is drawn just due to sheer size and weight but a lot of the smaller stuff used in smaller fields is mounted- chisel plows, field cultivators, harrows, grain drills, and some planters. Back when crops were cultivated, row crop cultivators were nearly all mounted, and plows were often mounted or semi-mounted.

Almost all of the trailers I have been around had/have a 2 5/16" ball and weigh 10k+ loaded, so they use 1 1/4" shank hitch balls. Those are long enough to fit through a regular drawbar without a hammer strap. There are also extended-shank balls out there too for the smaller-diameter balls, those shanks would be long enough to go through a drawbar. Backing up a trailer with a tractor is great, much easier than a truck as the turning radius is smaller and visibility is a lot better.

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #18  
There are a lot of ag implements attached by a 3 point hitch. Around where I am is a big hay and cattle area. There are a lot of 3 point mounted disc mowers used to cut hay around here. I see more of them than there are drawn caddy-mounted mowers, trailed mowers, or mower-conditioners. Many of the utility tractors will have a rear 3 point bale spear as well as the spear on the loader for moving bales. Guys that unroll bales to feed rather than use bale rings will have a 3 point bale unroller if they don't have a hydraulic bale bed in a pickup. Also, there are a lot of 3 point mounted grain drills and broadcast seeders used to renovate pastures. There are quite a few 3 point brush hogs used to cut fencelines and ditches and such as well. Some of the trailed mowers are semi-mounted and thus use the lower 3 point arms. Many sprayers are 3 point mounted too.

Most of the really big rowcrop equipment is drawn just due to sheer size and weight but a lot of the smaller stuff used in smaller fields is mounted- chisel plows, field cultivators, harrows, grain drills, and some planters. Back when crops were cultivated, row crop cultivators were nearly all mounted, and plows were often mounted or semi-mounted.

Almost all of the trailers I have been around had/have a 2 5/16" ball and weigh 10k+ loaded, so they use 1 1/4" shank hitch balls. Those are long enough to fit through a regular drawbar without a hammer strap. There are also extended-shank balls out there too for the smaller-diameter balls, those shanks would be long enough to go through a drawbar. Backing up a trailer with a tractor is great, much easier than a truck as the turning radius is smaller and visibility is a lot better.
Yes, the newer disc mowers are 3 point mounted on the front 3 points and dual mounted on the rear. Most of the older discbines and haybines were either drawbar or semi-mounted.

Yes, the small utility tractors will often have a bale spear, and 3 point brush hogs for trimming with pull type bat wings for the bigger jobs.

I see very few 3 point sprayers, almost no 3 point grain drills, very few 3 point chisel plows or planters.
Yes, almost all row crop cultivators were mounted but many of those were front or belly mounted.
Plow ran the gamuet of pulled small, mounted and semi-mounted and now back to mostly pull type.

Your drawbars must be thinner then I'm used to even most of the extended shank balls are too short and the few long one that would have the length for a 2" thick drawbar are light duty 3-5000# balls, then trying to keep bushings around to fill the drawbar hole and fit a ball would be a pain.

Yes backing up a trailer with a tractor is nicer then a pickup in many ways. But you had better watch out were that rear tire is goingas you can put it into the trailer :ROFLMAO: or so I have heard.

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #19  
Your drawbars must be thinner then I'm used to even most of the extended shank balls are too short and the few long one that would have the length for a 2" thick drawbar are light duty 3-5000# balls, then trying to keep bushings around to fill the drawbar hole and fit a ball would be a pain.

Yes backing up a trailer with a tractor is nicer then a pickup in many ways. But you had better watch out were that rear tire is goingas you can put it into the trailer :ROFLMAO: or so I have heard.

Longer-shank balls are pretty easy to find if you have a trailer supply place nearby. I got mine at one. Here's a ball for you, its shank would easily go through a 2" drawbar and has a 24000 pound weight rating.

I think the guy above was talking about backing into the side of the tongue of a little garden cart. If he wants even more fun, he can try backing up a parallel-bar rake with a dolly wheel, that has an even shorter tongue.

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #20  
I would not pull something like that on a cross drawbar without drawbar stays installed (white arrows) to prevent it from lifting on you at a bad time.
If your tractor has a fixed drawbar installed below the rear axle, that would be a safer way to pull your implement. If you are doing to be going downhill, make sure your brakes are in good shape.
Dearborn 11-hole Drawbar with Stays pointed out and Stabilizer.jpg