How do I find the hole?

/ How do I find the hole? #31  
If you do choose to pour gas in the hole and light it, do yourself a favor and wait several hours for the fumes to dissipate before lighting , gas fumes have caused lots of people to get themselves in trouble after lighting them to quickly.
I can't even tell you how many times my wife and I have watched these video clip shows and laughed our asses off or rolled our eyes at people using gas to light things and knew it was going to end badly!
I run a long length of slow burn fuse and stand back in a safe area prior to lighting. What a lot of people dont understand is that gas in liquid form is not flamable. It is the fumes that are. And not just flamable, but explosive.

/ How do I find the hole? #32  
If you were to mix it up in a 1 gallon sprayer, what ratio of soap to water do you use?

I just add until the water starts to turn a little blue. Maybe a 2-3 ounces??

I test it by spraying a bush and seeing if the leaves foam up. That’s what kills the bees. They breath through their exoskeleton and the soap encapsulates them

/ How do I find the hole? #33  
Tried to fill in 田arpenter bees entrances With a number of materials, including that foam.

Nothing worked, they just chew in a new entrance. Tennis racquet works but, no sport in that!

Pulled the 1x4 trim board and found 80% of it gone, looked fine from the front.

They can do some real damage.

My new house will not have a single piece of 渡atural material exposed to the exterior. Anybody remember beaver board, gimme a break!

Not a huge fan of vinyl so I知 using phony stone, anti bug/mold stucco and Hardy board siding and trim. Anderson 100 series phony synthetic wood fiber windows. Fiber glass exterior doors. Concrete foundation Metal roof with as few vents as possible. If I could build a frigging force field I壇 do it! Anti rain anti bug. I got 55 acres and Mother Nature can have 52, just leave the rest for me please!

No more bugs, no more leaks, no more rotten wood!

Mother Nature dresses well but.....she痴 vicious!,,,,,,

/ How do I find the hole? #34  
I would like to sneak in at night with a can of expanding foam and fill up those holes. That would be interesting. With my luck, they would have multiple escape hatches.

We had a nest of yellow jackets in our foundation. It was too far inside for spray to do anything so I filled the hole with expanding foam one night. Didn't seem to bother them in the least - they just chewed their way back out through it. At the time I didn't know about the dust type of treatment so I just left it and avoided the area. They didn't come back the following year.

/ How do I find the hole? #35  
We had a nest of yellow jackets in our foundation. It was too far inside for spray to do anything so I filled the hole with expanding foam one night. Didn't seem to bother them in the least - they just chewed their way back out through it. At the time I didn't know about the dust type of treatment so I just left it and avoided the area. They didn't come back the following year.

Interesting that they would chew through foam. I guess it should not come as a surprise since some of them nest in the ground. I have found that some small ants tunnel right thru my Styrofoam insulation.

/ How do I find the hole? #36  
20200808_175447.jpg
Found this one about ten minutes ago beside our patio. It has a projected life expectancy of about 3 hours, just after sundown. Got a small measure of no lead just for them.

/ How do I find the hole? #37  
Interesting that they would chew through foam. I guess it should not come as a surprise since some of them nest in the ground. I have found that some small ants tunnel right thru my Styrofoam insulation.

Same friend as mentioned previously also found a nest under a stack of styrofoam sheets in his barn, when the venom collector came they discovered that the nest was in the styrofoam. They had hollowed it out!

/ How do I find the hole? #38  
Same friend as mentioned previously also found a nest under a stack of styrofoam sheets in his barn, when the venom collector came they discovered that the nest was in the styrofoam. They had hollowed it out!

I guess that is one way to stay warm.

/ How do I find the hole? #39  
I can't help you find the nest, but if you find it, mark it, wait until the sun goes down, and light a gopher gasser, wait until it smokes and insert. They will all be dead. The next day, if you want to, you can dig it up - it will be a large paper-mache like nest. The real problem is finding the nest - once that is done you can get rid of that nest.

We don't use traps that use attractants as I have read that can bring in meat bees from far away. But Lowes sells (at about $9 each!) some sticky traps that really do catch hundreds of them - called Trapstick. They work. They have bird guards but ours in the barn have caught a few bats.

FINALLY - don't do this if there is any danger of starting a fire, e.g., dry weeds, debris, near buildings. . .

And I have been stung - or bitten - quite memorable.

/ How do I find the hole?
Found this one about ten minutes ago beside our patio. It has a projected life expectancy of about 3 hours, just after sundown. Got a small measure of no lead just for them.

Should we call your fire department now?

Seriously people, grow up and knock off with the flammables and explosives. They're just bees. Not an armored division of Martian motherships.