Loading issues on Dump Trailer

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #111  
I do feel sorry for you though, use to own an early 80' F700 dump flatbed with the 370-4V 5spd with 2spd rear and it was definitely lacking in the power department! Kept you pretty busy with the shifter to keep your speed up.
My BIL used to fuss at us,, he could make the run to Norfolk,, with the same truck, hauling the same load,,
and he would only burn half of the number of gallons of gasoline that I did,,

I swear, he must have stopped and bought gas,, just to make a point,,

Really, he would never hardly push on the gas pedal,, he would let the truck almost coast up to speed,,
My nephew and I drove it,, there was one position for the gas pedal,, on the floor.
Let it up when you had to shift,, then back to the floor..
The engine even had a governor,, so, you could not over rev it...

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #112  
I got a 6x12 10K dump trailer earlier this year. Due to tow limits of my 1/2-ton truck, I never purchase more than 3 tons of material. When loaded properly, the trailer tows great. But I'd say 80% of the time, the local yards load me with a forward bias, creating too much tongue weight. I picked up three loads today and they were all forward biased, some worse than others.

I installed a W.D.H. to help in these situations, and it does what it is supposed to but won't cure poor loading or too much tongue weight. While pulling onto the scale for my first load this morning, I carefully noted the measurements as each axle went onto the scale, before and after being loaded. While eating lunch I did some math. The trailer has only 300# tongue weight when empty, which matches what I measured with a bathroom scale a couple months ago. When loaded too far forward, tongue weight was 1140#, more than my truck is meant to handle and visually way too much even with a W.D.H. If loaded evenly, it should have been in the 700-800# range.

I'm trying to decide how to deal with this. At this point, my only solution is to carefully raise the trailer bed to shift some of the material rearward, but that is a pain to do and needs careful judgement (not all loads slide the same). I am wondering if I should fab up some sort of sealed chamber at the front of the trailer bed to block off volume so that material cannot physically occupy the front couple feet of the bed (it would have to be angled to force material to flow to the rear). Somehow I need to prevent operators from loading with a forward bias and the only solution I can think of is to eliminate that volume. Any other ideas?
1/2 ton your probably over loaded just with the trailer. Remember have an accident you may go to jail!

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #113  
1/2 ton have an accident you may go to jail, you may be over loaded with an empty trailer! We have 1 ton dully easy to over load with 5 ton dump!

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #114  
Na, the 550's are just glorified p'ups, really need to go to a F6/750 minimum to be pulling that 10k tag trailer, then you can put all the tongue weight that you want on it.....

I agree. I use my 750 to move my lawnmower. There’s no way my 250 excursion or 3500 could do the job.
IMG_0618.JPG

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #115  
I agree. I use my 750 to move my lawnmower. There’s no way my 250 excursion or 3500 could do the job. View attachment 714632
Hope you have a WD hitch, looks like too much tongue weight.
And what if a basket of bunnies suddenly blows into the roadway! Will you be able to stop that load in time?
You better just step up to a full size 7 axle dump for that load

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #116  
   / Loading issues on Dump Trailer #117  
Ford made 750, 850 and 950 trucks since the 50's. In 2k Ford dropped all sizes except the 650, 750. Then in about 2019, they brought back the F-600.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9CWthPFBhHN4AJqxXNyoA;_ylu=Y29sbwNncTEEcG9zAzYEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1632677090/RO=10/RU=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_F-750/RK=2/RS=eOh1Izj7Dlo4UjZ2m4c2jV5L10g-
Before the '69 Ford F750, my BIL purchased a '53 Ford F750,,
The '53 F750 blew the engine RIGHT in the middle of the wheat harvest,, he NEEDED that truck.
He had also purchased a '53 Lincoln, at the same time that he bought the F750,,

Well, he looked at the Lincoln engine, it was the same, enough to allow a one night swap, to get the F750 running.
The Lincoln was towed to the dealer, it got a new engine.

I worked on that farm in 1974,, the '53 F750 blew the engine again,
(the truck now had a lime spreader body on it)

We towed the truck to a local junkyard, those guys pulled a 370-2V engine and transmission out of a fertilizer spreader truck,,
and they installed it in the '53,,,
The new engine must have had at least twice the HP as the Lincoln car engine.

My BIL LOVED spreading lime with the "new" truck, going over a plowed/disked field, that engine would sing like a race car,,,

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #118  
Ford made 750, 850 and 950 trucks since the 50's. In 2k Ford dropped all sizes except the 650, 750. Then in about 2019, they brought back the F-600.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...rd_F-750/RK=2/RS=eOh1Izj7Dlo4UjZ2m4c2jV5L10g-
They didn't add the -50 designation until the 2000 model, before that it was all -00. F500, F600, F700 etc.

There may have been a random 750 at some point in the model line (the 50 was added to the F100 to designated additional load capacity and to skirt some emissions) but I can't remember ever seeing one.

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer
1/2 ton your probably over loaded just with the trailer. Remember have an accident you may go to jail!

1/2 ton have an accident you may go to jail, you may be over loaded with an empty trailer! We have 1 ton dully easy to over load with 5 ton dump!

At this point I can't even tell if this is humor or a reading comprehension problem.

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #120  
At this point I can't even tell if this is humor or a reading comprehension problem.
I'm leaning toward a comprehension problem