Loading issues on Dump Trailer

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #121  
   / Loading issues on Dump Trailer #122  
All of you guys being such a pain are going to get yourself as in all dump trailers banned from the quarry. The local quarry already increased the minimum charge to 5 tons because they’re so aggravating to deal with.
True... quarry loader operators dumping a full bucket over all four sides of a small trailer behind a small city car, locking the wheels in the spoils, is their way of saying "go to the landscape center, you have no business on a quarry"

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #123  
They didn't add the -50 designation until the 2000 model, before that it was all -00. F500, F600, F700 etc.

There may have been a random 750 at some point in the model line (the 50 was added to the F100 to designated additional load capacity and to skirt some emissions) but I can't remember ever seeing one.
I guess the owners of the trucks that are pictured all over the internet had the trim custom made??
Like this one,,

image_b4f659f13330aa138f40d27491599a2c970224ce.jpg

or, is that the hood of a 2010 Ford F-Series??
I personally put a LOT of miles on both the '53, and the '69 F-750,,

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #124  
Wow. I think about 7 people in the last three pages have all said the truck is too small. Even though the OP has said about 7 times that it IS WITHIN THE WEIGHT RATINGS.

Sating a modern half ton is just a grocery getting is laughable. People need to grow up.
At a previous employer we had a customer who was fond of American pickup trucks. He bought the 1500 but first thing in the morning was ordering an air ride helper spring kit at us, because he felt it didnt handle right without stiffening up the rear springs, as half ton truck suspension is generally designed for smooth comfort, and not stiff enough to handle the legally 3.5 ton trailers we built for him, loaded at 5 ton loaded weight.

So yes, professionals whose opinion is that a half ton truck is unfit to pull 10k do have a point, knowing that they speak from the perspective of owner of a vehicle adjusted more towards towing and less towards commuting.
Yet the commuters who tow 10k in the weekend also have a point that their vehicle is rated for 10k so it is suitable...

Our customers found a Firestone air ride helper kit the ideal compromise between towing and driving to church, pumping the bags till they just started to lift the truck. It was smooth empty and firm loaded.

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #125  
Forgot to add photo, this was one of the loads from today:

View attachment 714089
have the same problem. showed loader operator where to place the load and asked he only load between 7 & 8,000 pounds as my trailer had a gvwr of only 14,000 lbs. he front loaded, so I asked him to add a little bit in the rear to lessen the tongue weight. when I crossed the scales, there was slightly over 18,000 pounds. my dump mechanism would not lift to dump the excess. had brand new 12 ply tires mounted and drove about 35 mph all the way home without incident. had to use the front end loader on the tractor (80 hp Massey Ferguson) to help lift the front to dump. on the next load, asked the loader operator to again only load about 7-8,000 lbs in the center. he did a little better and only loaded 14,000. the hydraulics still needed help from the tractor fel. I discussed it with the scale/ticket master and he said they weren't used to loading smaller trailers. I actually feel like its a passive/aggressive attitude of the individual operator in my case. he resents people trying to save a little money by hauling for themselves. dump truck operators here routinely charge twice the price of the materials or more per haul for a distance of less than 10 miles.

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #126  
have the same problem. showed loader operator where to place the load and asked he only load between 7 & 8,000 pounds as my trailer had a gvwr of only 14,000 lbs. he front loaded, so I asked him to add a little bit in the rear to lessen the tongue weight. when I crossed the scales, there was slightly over 18,000 pounds. my dump mechanism would not lift to dump the excess. had brand new 12 ply tires mounted and drove about 35 mph all the way home without incident. had to use the front end loader on the tractor (80 hp Massey Ferguson) to help lift the front to dump. on the next load, asked the loader operator to again only load about 7-8,000 lbs in the center. he did a little better and only loaded 14,000. the hydraulics still needed help from the tractor fel. I discussed it with the scale/ticket master and he said they weren't used to loading smaller trailers. I actually feel like its a passive/aggressive attitude of the individual operator in my case. he resents people trying to save a little money by hauling for themselves. dump truck operators here routinely charge twice the price of the materials or more per haul for a distance of less than 10 miles.

None of the loader operators I work with are jerks, yours may be. However, they all speak in tons, not pounds. You say 7,000 pounds, his brain functions in tons.

Try speaking his language.

Of course, if he’s being a jerk, on purpose….

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #128  
Having a 5 ton dump for years I can tell by the load your over loaded, way over loaded.
Says the guy that cannot even spell kubota

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #129  
Says the guy that cannot even spell kubota
Now, now, he is a newbie and hasn't had time to check the spell check error in his account details...YET!
I am sure he will notice that soon!
David from jax

/ Loading issues on Dump Trailer #130  
I've always thought a gravel-hauling trailer should be built small enough and strong enough to never be overloaded. But most dump trailers I see are used for lightweight stuff most of the time.

Bruce