Massey Ferguson 4608 Lethal defects

/ Massey Ferguson 4608 Lethal defects #91  
The DL95 loader is made by a 3rd party company, Quicke. Quicke makes loaders for alot of different manufacturers. Massey/AGCO, as well as practically every other brand, warranties their loaders for 1 year.

Perhaps she would have better luck trying to contact Quicke to see if they would help her out.

And yes... Philip is an AGCO basher.

/ Massey Ferguson 4608 Lethal defects #92  
The DL95 loader is made by a 3rd party company, Quicke. Quicke makes loaders for alot of different manufacturers. Massey/AGCO, as well as practically every other brand, warranties their loaders for 1 year.

Perhaps she would have better luck trying to contact Quicke to see if they would help her out.

Say as you will. About a month ago we got into it over loaders. Not just mf loaders, but modern loaders in general. My mf loader has issues, the loaders on a case ih look pretty flimsy, guy broke his loader last summer etc. I'm a results oriented guy. These are not the results i want. It is what is. Sorry to upset apple cart. Whether it is a design flaw, material issue, or poor workmanship, loader failure is loader failure.

/ Massey Ferguson 4608 Lethal defects #93  
Say as you will. About a month ago we got into it over loaders. Not just mf loaders, but modern loaders in general. My mf loader has issues, the loaders on a case ih look pretty flimsy, guy broke his loader last summer etc. I'm a results oriented guy. These are not the results i want. It is what is. Sorry to upset apple cart. Whether it is a design flaw, material issue, or poor workmanship, loader failure is loader failure.
I know you're not the most "observant" fellow around here, and sometimes you struggle with basic reading comprehension... But this isn't a thread that needs your ramblings about how great your old tractors and loaders are.

If you've got nothing meaningful to offer a thread, the entire forum would benefit from you not offering at all.

You've got tractor experience... Offer something valuable instead of wasting everyone's time with nonsense.

Please

/ Massey Ferguson 4608 Lethal defects #94  
I know you're not the most "observant" fellow around here, and sometimes you struggle with basic reading comprehension... But this isn't a thread that needs your ramblings about how great your old tractors and loaders are.

If you've got nothing meaningful to offer a thread, the entire forum would benefit from you not offering at all.

You've got tractor experience... Offer something valuable instead of wasting everyone's time with nonsense.

Please
Is it Nonsense??? I foreshadowed this situation what a month ago??? Now here is a loader failure and the manufacture is trying to offer their usual bs. Yes people need to know the experiences of tractor owners. Sorry your an agco kool aid drinker and it happened to one of your darling mf. People need to be aware of this type of stuff when considering a tractor purchase. So here is where this particular tractor/loader issue goes. Manufacturer wont stand behind it, no surprise ti me. The op can purchase a new loader with no real guarantee it wont happen again. The op can strip the paint in that area and try to weld it. Sounds like is a pretty good welder and may even do a better job welding it than the manufacturer. So if he successfully welds it he is going to prime and paint the area when he is done to protect it from the elements. Depending on the degree of paint sun bleaching, it maybe pretty hard to match the paint. This will leave the repaired area quite noticeable when you take a good look at the tractor. I really don't see any other options available for the op.

/ Massey Ferguson 4608 Lethal defects #95  
The warranty on the loader is 1 year. I think every tractor brand puts a 1 year warranty on their loaders. Most tractor brands source loaders from outside companies. Quicke is a huge company and makes loaders for many different tractor brands. Frustrating as it may be, when a warranty is expired, why does anyone expect that the company should fix it for free?

I've had 2 Massey (Iseki) tractors that have been flawless after being worked harder than most people work their machines. You've had one with problems. The same experiences (yours and mine) can and DO happen with EVERY BRAND.

You had a bad tractor. Hillary Clinton lost the election. Getting old sucks. These are all things that people need to get over. Especially you with your constant barrage against AGCO. Move on. Find another channel.

/ Massey Ferguson 4608 Lethal defects #96  
Reality is it is not only agco thati have a distaste for. Consider where i am located. Many many guys are out here making a living with their tractors. Many have thousands of dollars tied up in their tractor, some probably more that some of you have tied up in your house. The market is saturated with jd and case ih. Now when ever agco, kubota or who ever gets a chance to break into the market share like me and my mf or another guy with a kubota, the product performs poorly and further locks that company out. Agco had a windshield fall out of a combine in south central kansas and it resulted in a fatality. Who is going to buy that combine? A guy bought a kubota and broke a loader arm and shelled the 4 wheel drive. Who out here is going to go a Kubota? i have heard negative about new holland, but really don't know. There is a guy that has one about 12 or 15 miles from here and don't know how he is getting along. I got a friend that run a tractor repair and according to him jd is trying to lock out the small time repair shop. Case ih tractors look a little flimsey to me. Kioti? Don't know anyone that has one, but i'm skeptical. From what i've heard mahindra pretty over rated. So, when it comes to tractors, their is no good choices. But i to say know what i expect when it comes to customer service and standing behind their product. My wifes suv has been a decent little car. We have had a couple of issues and the dealer took care of everything. They even loaned us a car for the afternoon while the repaired and charged to warranty. We have had it about 18 months and the dealer calls us every 6 or 8 months or so and ask hows it going, hows the car doing and if we need anything to let them know. To bad they do not sell tractors. But it aint only agco but other companies as well. I guess when these companies can build a tractor that can stand up to ag life, i'll start seeing kubota, mf, kioti, mahindra etc out here in the farm belt. Until then we need results and you can not blame a guy for the brand they choose. I wish i would have dug a little deeper on agco and mf.

/ Massey Ferguson 4608 Lethal defects #97  

Jason, Phillip W has been accused of AGCO bashing as he says. That is all he does. If you wish to get involved, find out from the lady when her guarantee ran out and have your own talk with the dealer. As certified welder you can probably show the dealer where it was in fact a defect. Regional service reps mediate such issues and you can ask them to make the judgement. The worst they can do is say no. Again, only if you wish to get involved. Best of luck with it.

These are your best corse of action if you want to help her out to see if you can get it replaced.

/ Massey Ferguson 4608 Lethal defects #98  
Hope you all are still listening to us down under. As Fergie4608 tells only part of the amazing differences between how the USA is treated and the Australian hard working farmer who not only faces drought, Bush fire, storm & Flood, Corona 19 but let you the AGCO Massey Ferguson community will be my Judge. So those who are out there listen to the Nightmare experience from Mangrove Mt. N.S.W 1 hour North of Sydney our biggest Australian city.

I'll start by thanking Fergie4608 for his brave stance for what is right. Thank you Garry (the Attitude adjuster). All the Best mate!

Who am I :- I'm a nobody that bought a NEW 4608 (2015) in January 2016 as a end of year sale with a USA Loader DL260MSL (suggested as Re-barged Quickie) & Alo 185MP (480kg) 4 x 1 Bucket tractor with no alleged Chinese parts or components which were told to be of all USA tractor manufactured materials & parts that potentially were built in Japan.

What do I do for my community :- I save lives and property during the worst of the worst Bush fires in Australian history as a Mangrove Mt. Rural Bush Fire Volunteer of who leaves his property & animals & that of his family of six (6) with special needs children at a time of being under direct threat to be protected by other RFS volunteers whilst driving past his own property.

First questions to the Agco/ Massey community Forum is what is known about this set up :-
1) My Massey Ferguson 4608 was sold as a NEW 2015 (14 - 20 hours) with a DL260MSL with 4 x 1 Alo 185MP Bucket (430kg) The arms supports collapsed not once but twice under light work load, sub structure bolt snapped and were damaged, Hub seals leaked approximately every 70 hours. I was told that it was operator error, paint wear, and potentially long grass issues. The tractor was still in show room condition and only had light use and virtually no marks. The ALO manual was issued after damage was paid for personally along with a Quickie loader manual being provided. Other defects were numerous but lets start with the Arm & Bucket for comment.

2) Is there a requirement for a 4608 with a 926X arm & ALO 185MPU (290kg) to carry an extra 500kg counter weight Bucket in the Manual / Specifications to off set this combination. Yes, it may have been raised by AGCO MF addressed previously but lets ask why I'm experiencing a similar issue as Fergie4608 in Australia.

/ Massey Ferguson 4608 Lethal defects #99  
Hope you all are still listening to us down under. As Fergie4608 tells only part of the amazing differences between how the USA is treated and the Australian hard working farmer who not only faces drought, Bush fire, storm & Flood, Corona 19 but let you the AGCO Massey Ferguson community will be my Judge. So those who are out there listen to the Nightmare experience from Mangrove Mt. N.S.W 1 hour North of Sydney our biggest Australian city.

I'll start by thanking Fergie4608 for his brave stance for what is right. Thank you Garry (the Attitude adjuster). All the Best mate!

Who am I :- I'm a nobody that bought a NEW 4608 (2015) in January 2016 as a end of year sale with a USA Loader DL260MSL (suggested as Re-barged Quickie) & Alo 185MP (480kg) 4 x 1 Bucket tractor with no alleged Chinese parts or components which were told to be of all USA tractor manufactured materials & parts that potentially were built in Japan.

What do I do for my community :- I save lives and property during the worst of the worst Bush fires in Australian history as a Mangrove Mt. Rural Bush Fire Volunteer of who leaves his property & animals & that of his family of six (6) with special needs children at a time of being under direct threat to be protected by other RFS volunteers whilst driving past his own property.

First questions to the Agco/ Massey community Forum is what is known about this set up :-
1) My Massey Ferguson 4608 was sold as a NEW 2015 (14 - 20 hours) with a DL260MSL with 4 x 1 Alo 185MP Bucket (430kg) The arms supports collapsed not once but twice under light work load, sub structure bolt snapped and were damaged, Hub seals leaked approximately every 70 hours. I was told that it was operator error, paint wear, and potentially long grass issues. The tractor was still in show room condition and only had light use and virtually no marks. The ALO manual was issued after damage was paid for personally along with a Quickie loader manual being provided. Other defects were numerous but lets start with the Arm & Bucket for comment.

2) Is there a requirement for a 4608 with a 926X arm & ALO 185MPU (290kg) to carry an extra 500kg counter weight Bucket in the Manual / Specifications to off set this combination. Yes, it may have been raised by AGCO MF addressed previously but lets ask why I'm experiencing a similar issue as Fergie4608 in Australia.

I'm somewhat confused as to what your exact issues are here, but having to have 500 kilos of counterweight on the back of the tractor sounds about right for a 40 to 50 horsepower tractor.
Not having enough counterweight can cause the front axle to be overloaded and leak or break. We had that at work with 90ish HP tractor.

As for loader bolts snapping or coming out that's been seen on numerous brands here when the bolts are not torqued properly when the loader was installed, or when they vibrated loose. That is why the manual says to check and make sure that they are tight every X hours. That can also cause the threaded holes in the casting to get chewed up and break.

Not sure what you are referring to as "the arms supports" which collapsed but if its part of the loader frame, that could have been related to the bolts backing out.

Aaron Z