MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #112  
If Massy refuses to stand up here and fix the issues they will loose lots of sales. To bad these tractor makers relie on others to make their loaders cheeper than what is needed. Does Kubota and Deere make their own loaders?
Not sure about Deere, Kubota or land Pride make Kubota loaders. Alot has been said here and some very good advice as well. If the tractor/ loader was mine it would already be at the dealership to get to the bottom of proper repairs.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #113  
You'd need a lot of plate and gussets, a bend like that in a major element is going to be weak forever. Better to replace.
Depends on cost and availability.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #114  
Looks like a cross over relief that will try and relieve into the other circuit of the loader, no path past the loader valve.
I don’t see a tank or return in the diagram. But there must be somewhere.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #115  
And this is why we don't walk under loader buckets when they are in the air. How many times have I heard someone justify it by saying something like, "If a hose breaks, it will still take it a couple of seconds to drop and give me time to move." When someone says something like that, go buy a big insurance policy on them.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #116  
A common response here seems to be something along the lines that it can't or shouldn't be repaired/welded/etc but if you watch some of this guy's heavy equipment field repairs you will think that anything is possible.

With enough time and money, almost anything IS possible.

If this were on a machine from the mid 80's where the parts were no longer available, then I would recommend repairing, or more accurately rebuilding it while also beefing up the design significantly. It would be quite a bit of work. Since its a relatively new machine AND replacement parts are most certainly available, I absolutely would NOT repair the existing hardware. Start off with new hardware and then decide where you want to go from there as far as making any modifications.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #117  
Just a quick look at tractor-data shows that loader capacity between 2k# breakout and 1300# full lift.
I wonder how much was in the bucket.

Sure would have been an easy fix if the crack would have been patched up with doublers before it failed completely.

I'm going to give my Allied 195 a good look over! It has been making some noises lately.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #118  
This has got me to looking at my 1742. Has the same rectangle tube on a 125 loader. So far so good. These compact tractors aren't dozers. Just lifting a load is one thing but the forces on the brackets when digging must be astronomical.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #119  
Most likely is originally cracked (rusted part) from driving into a pile, just picking up is unlikely to do that. Then it kept tearing until it gave way.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #120  
Some factory welds aren't all that great. Here's a picture of factory welds on a TS rear blade that let loose.
I have a very expensive HLA Snow Wing blade on our 950 Cat loader at the mine I use for snow plowing, and this past winter the quick connect snapped right off and flopped off onto the ground. When our welders in the shop inspected it they showed me the welds were all single pass and had no penetration at all.

And Horst Welding is a very highly regarded company. So it goes to show.....anyone can have a bad day.